Author Topic: What sxhool did you go to?  (Read 27993 times)

tramp

Re: What sxhool did you go to?
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Hi Gem,

Welcome to the forum.  As Phil says we're from all over brum, I'm originally Balsall Heath, and a lot like me don't  even live in UK now - but we're ''made in Birmingham'' and that's the important thing -  having said that we have a few honourary brummies too.   Get stuck in and enjoy it O0

tramp

Jerry

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »
Come on folks! I've been waiting for 2 months, didn't anybody   get it? 8)
Always make sure you've got a comfortable bed and a comfortable pair of shoes because you're gonna spend most of your time in one or the other

denise

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2009, 01:50:37 AM »
Em,what you on about Jerry?? ;D

tramp

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:45 AM »
Denise,

Your sense of humour gets drier by the moment ;D

tramp

denise

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
Please sir is the answer 10% wrong ::)

Jerry

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2009, 11:14:40 AM »
It's a red star for Denise! :D
Always make sure you've got a comfortable bed and a comfortable pair of shoes because you're gonna spend most of your time in one or the other

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
We must all belong to the other 50%!

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
Phil,

Sounds like six of one and half a dozen of the other......so that's sixty percent and half must be fifty percent - that adds up, doesn't it?

tramp

gibson

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
Hi All,   I attended Eliot Street Secondary Modern,  which was a SCHOOL  not SXHOOL.    Gibson

Jerry

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2009, 09:30:33 PM »
One of the many schools I attended ( I never did get the hang of schools) was St Michael's in Digbeth, that was definitely a sxhool.
Not because it had the "x" factor but because it was too scary to let anyone in under the age of 21! ;)

tramp

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »
Fred,

I was away from the pc for a while an hour or so ago as I was talking to Mrs Phillips, our teacher for the last 2 years at Clifton Rd '52-'54.  It was her 86th birthday over a week ago but her exchange has been having problems so I couldn't get through until today.  She's in good spirits but not too mobile as on separate occasions, she's broken her hip and leg in recent years. She uses a hearing aid and that needs to be ''tuned in'' but one of her sons lives with her and looks after those kind of things - in fact he and I spent more time talking , than she and I did.  He'll pass on much of my news.  

Fred, I reminded her that we are still in contact and she sends you her best wishes and is delighted to hear about your ''new'' family.  

She's lived in Castle Bromwich for well over 30 years.  She is not impressed with current education standards and is not too happy with the gov't, surprise surprise!  

This lady had a very large say in the course my life has taken since I left Clifton Rd, and I can never thank her enough.

tramp

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy