Author Topic: Clifton Road  (Read 12807 times)

frederick

Re: Clifton Road
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
Hi Lizzie,
Cokacolakid and me we were in the same class at Dennis rd school, and we have been to the Isla Man on holiday with the school together.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

richard mellows

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »
I'm Richard mellows my mum and dad were landlord and landlady of railway inn on Clifton road Mona and ken from 1955 onwards I went to Clifton road school I remember a Brian watts and a Robert who lived down the road

trapio

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 01:59:31 AM »
Did you know Barry Harris or David Rayson who also lived in Clifton and went to the school - then Dennis Rd?
Integrity is non negotiable

jamie

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to this site and this thread.

But I also have an interest in Clifton Road. Would anyone here have a recollection of Mr and Mrs Alfred Hudson, who lived at 24 Clifton Road.

When I once visited the road, it seems that all of the houses down at that end were knocked down. When did that occur?

Thank you, J

jamie

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 12:56:32 PM »
Just to clarify my very open-ended question! The period I am referring to is the late 1960s/early 1970d.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to you, I thought that number 24 and the surrounding houses between Moseley Road and the railway weren't demolished until the 70's at the earliest. The only Hudsons I knew in the area were on the corner of Highgate Road and Woodfield road and they were in the furniture moving business.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jamie

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
Phil,

Many thanks for your response.

That makes sense - the date I have for Alfred Hudson at 24 Clifton Road is 1972. He worked at Lucas.

This would have been a family of 5 kids - 3 girls and 2 boys. At least 2 of the girls went to Bishop Challoner, and the youngest boy to St Monica's, if that jogs any memories!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »
Sorry Jamie as I said I only knew Hudsons Removals on Highgate Road and by the 70's I was living in Solhull.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jamie

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Phil, nonetheless very kind of you to take the time to answer.

Hopefully, it may jog others' memories. In any event, it would be very nice to be able to track down my estranged relatives.

Congratulations on your forum incidentally - reminds me of the early days of the web, a real treasure trove.

Dunnki

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »
Hi RobertS

I have just come across your message regarding Clifton Road. One of your replies from Graham and Robert said that they had an aunt and uncle called Alf and Flos Penny who were my grandparents. One of their children is Marjory who is my mother and still alive.

I would be interested to know who Graham and Robert are.

frederick

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
Hi Dunnki,
I am your second cousin your grand parents were my uncle and aunt. My mum was your aunt Liz. This is a photo of your second cousin Graham Webb now deceased.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy