Author Topic: ex pats from birmingham  (Read 15893 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
ex pats from birmingham
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »
ten years ago my wife's friend moved with her family to Australia both teachers it took them 14 months to find a home that fitted there bill they told my wife it was hard at first but they was going to give it three years to see how it works out
last year they come back to the UK for an 8 week stay they come from shortheath, ( just to see family and friends)
with in three weeks they went back to ozz they said  Birmingham had become a dump they did not feel safe and it was a rip off he lost the deposit on the hire car some one had broke in to the car and took the tools and some stuff they had left in the boot
there departing word to there family was your government lost the plot mate
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

Re: ex pats from birmingham
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
England is a beautiful country, But it had been shafted well and truly, and I blame the people who say "yes, ok if you think so", and the politicians get away with it, they don't live in the real world, and it does make me angry when I read about politicians ripe off the taxpayer, and nothing is done about it, Criminals are let off or are not kicked out the country, because they have a cat, or the have a right to family,? rubbish, they are criminals, you will find in most is not all the countries in the EU don't have that problem, and yet the politicians say well it there human rights,? WTF, as I've said they they get into power they loose sight of what they are there for, FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT FOR THEMSELVES, but if/when you say something you get nasty looks and comments about well you don't live there any more, But I put this down to their bad judgement in saying "ok if you think so", and so anyone can commit a crime, and they are let off lightly, but nothing is ever said about the victim, but is the people like the victim are saying ok it's all right, when we all know it's not,
You get politicians stealing money from expences/ getting money for their second homes, and it's not in hundreds but thousands, and the taxpayer pays for it, but nothing is said, Britain is a rich country, but much of the money is given away, then the government get into debt for billions, and the people have to suffer low wages, high bills, but the money is there, old people have to turn of the gas because the cost is too high, Our hero's ( Army) have to live in [censored] hole even when they have been told they will be the first to get a house, ( look at the Army in Cyprus, this money problem is non of their doing, but their money has been taken, when really it's non of their business, the Government sent them out there so the government must make sure they don't loose out ), .. but we all know the MOD have treated the Armed forces like dirt, You get the guys who have laid their lives on the line getting food to the Russians in the last war, The Russians wanted give them a medal for good job they did, and the MOD said no, but then it was ok to have the medals, and they were given but that prat "Call me Dave" and he wasn't interested in being there, They should have been given by the top man in Russia, not some little man from Eton.
Like the Olympics a fortune was made for the politicians, and all you could hear was Great Britain, just look at what you have after Billons and billions have been spent from the taxpayer, and what do have you from it,?  Nothing,? everything has been sold off the houses are/will be split into small units and then again sold off to companies ( None British) for a profit,
The country has been filled with Overseas Nationals, many who don't even speak English, have no skills other than taxi driver/curry maker/car washing, but then on the other side you do get doctors,Nurses, who haven't a clue on how to look after anyone, and when they kill someone because they didn't know what they are doing, don't get sacked, but moved to another hospital, to carry on doing what they did before, because you have managers that are only interested in their reports look good.

And you moan when we Expats complain about what we see, and ask why is nothing being done about it, England is still our country, and it will always be, so really it's up to you to stop moaning about it and do something about it. .. or wil it be "Ok if you think so",? have a nice day. J2 ( an Englishman living over seas. ),

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

SENSIBLE

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »
There are still lots of beautiful places in the U.K. even though most of our cities and large towns have been taken over by foreigners since WW2 when our forces so valiantly fought to try and stop this from happening. With the frightening population explosion that we are now experiencing these places will eventually obviously in the main disappear completely. Why are we allowing this to happen?
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

trapio

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
Quote from John:

''The country has been filled with Overseas Nationals, many who don't even speak English, have no skills other than taxi driver/curry maker/car washing, but then on the other side you do get doctors, Nurses, who haven't a clue on how to look after anyone, and when they kill someone because they didn't know what they are doing, don't get sacked, but moved to another hospital, to carry on doing what they did before, because you have managers that are only interested in their reports look good.

And you moan when we Expats complain about what we see, and ask why is nothing being done about it, England is still our country, and it will always be, so really it's up to you to stop moaning about it and do something about it. .. or will it be "Ok if you think so",? have a nice day. J2 ( an Englishman living over seas. ),''

I fully concur with what John says......it is not that long ago, when New Lab was in power, that he and I were relentlessly upbraided and criticised, for 'knocking what we had seen happening to UK and brum......we also see it wrt to other places that each of us has known...and it is sad to see as it may be more violent - but it only the damage to UK also angers us....please, try even now, to save what you can from what Sensi can foresee......got to be worth a shot as ''yes, we really do think so'', and you and most of yours will likely have to live with it - if you do nowt and fail to emigrate.

'evenin' all :)
Integrity is non negotiable

frederick

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
It has been reported that the English are doing something about it and it is all they can do and that is to move out   >:(   :o   :(

The Burger and Johnson killing gangs of the Birchfield road corridor are trying to end their post code gang movement, this area is known as a killing back spot   :o
And to think I used to have a business there many years ago but I think it was safer then   :(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Stinger

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »
Re:"if you do nowt and fail to emigrate"

Nah there's no need for us to do that; as long as the mardy and miserable ones who can't hack-it leave the country we'll be fine.  O0
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain and most fools do

maggie

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »
Stinger, I am not a mardy or miserable one that
emigrated, we did it as protection to ourselves
and to give the childen a better start in life.
As I have said many times the words of Enoch
made an impression on my husband but I was in
favourof the move,   42 years later I can see thro what is posted on the forum just what he meant.
Tho still to a certain degree I still miss England
no way can I see my encouraging anyone to go and make their home there not now under the awful
stories getting back here.
NZ has changed in 42 years but is still a good clean
and under populated country,we have our problems
but they usually come right :)
do unto others as you would be done by

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:57 AM »
Maggie
what is our goal in life perhaps to have a wife a home a family each of us have a diffrent take on it and most of us try to give our family's the best that we can provide
there comes a time in your life when you take stock  look around and think i could do better or could i 
so we have two teacher who felt that they was getting no where  its said you only get out what you put in
 they both got fed up with filling in forms and being told you can not do this that and the other
in a word they had to take the crap that was being dealt out by perants kids and the head and governors of the school
so in the main school Holiday they took a trip to Ozzy spent a month there and in that time found out what its like to be a teacher in Ozzy and would they be able to get a job   well they was welcome with both arms so when they come back to the UK it was in there minds  shall we give it a go well they did
they both have better jobs better pay better housing they get out what they put in
as long as the mardy and miserable ones who can't hack-it leave the country we'll be fine.
the teachers you could not call them mardy or miserable they both give there all to the school and the kids
its the uks loss and Ozzy gain  when they come back to the UK  they seen the light   as one of them said its lost its way

Spud

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »
OK the UK has its warts and all but would I want to live anywhere else not on your life. I've been to Oz and its OK but they do have some strange ideas. I've been to NZ and the first thing you are told 'It's just like England' . True .Then there is Spain many ex pats cannot wait to return and use our NHS. Cyprus ? Well we all know what's going on there. Would you feel secure in Portugal ?  Just how long will it be before they need propping up.
Us Brits seem to love putting down our country but we have so much which is the envy of the World. Our NHS may not be perfect but where else is Medical Treatment 'Free' We have some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. Our heritage is second to none. As much as it grieves me to say London is probably the best capital of all. Every one acknowledges our Football is the most exciting anywhere. We put on the best Olympic Games by a country mile. Despite the demise of our Engineering Industry we still produce some of the best cars in the world . We make some the finest Aero Engines on the face of the earth. It's not my cup of tea but our Pop Music is heard on every continent. We have some of the best Theatre and Actors anywhere. Despite some bad press would you swop our Police. Any real trouble anywhere in the world who is first there. Our Soldiers our SAS our Medics.
And despite all of this for the last Fifteen years or so we have been served by some the most inept self interested Politicians . Just imagine what we would be capable of with some real Leadership.   
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
spud
the UK has got a lot going for it and it could be a lot better with the right leadership its the leaders that have let us down
the two teachers said it in one the UK has lost its way    but with any luck we could be heading for big Chang

john2000

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
spud
the UK has got a lot going for it and it could be a lot better with the right leadership its the leaders that have let us down
the two teachers said it in one the UK has lost its way    but with any luck we could be heading for big Chang

The great in Great Britain is still there, it just needs to be opened up and brought out in to the light, get the young to learn skills.  ( and I mean home grown youth, who will live and work with skills they have learned, and not go back to their own country after Britain had given them the place over a home grown, we have some of the finest craftsmen/women in the world, but they are being sold out for profit or to suit the career politicians, who really don't care, You have people in high profile jobs, that only got the jobs because of who they know, not what they know,... so next time you rase the flag, rase it a little higher, because it's ours. O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy