Author Topic: 60s Motorcycle dealers  (Read 33654 times)

Patriot

Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »
When I owned a BSA DB34 Gold Star I got a bit fed up with the 'wind in the face' bit so I went to see Bill Jakeman in Brindley Ford who was a whizz at making fairings in aluminium and fibreglass.
He had a racing fairing going spare so I asked him to fit it to my 'bike and he made a super job of fitting the headlamp into the aperture he made.
Problem was it was polished ali and blatting it down the dual carriageway between Cannock and Wolverhampton, Mr.Plod pulled me over. 'Do you know you're blinding everyone with that?' 'Pardon?' 'Get that fairing painted or wire woolled, it's like a moving mirror'. 8) 'Sorry Officer'.

I had it painted.  :-\

It was very similar to this:
The ex-Bill Smith/John Hartle, Thruxton 500-Mile Race class-winning,1961 Honda 250cc CB72 Production Racing Motorcycle  Frame no. CB72 22396 Engine no. CB72E 211395

Woo Hoo!
I married Miss Right. I didn't know her first name was Always.

BrummieBaz

Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »
Sidecarsid- was reading older posts and strongly suspect that you and I have crossed paths a time or two between 1959 and 1964. The common thread was AMCA. I was a member of The Phoenix Club, and regularly rode trials. Knew Ec Hyland (with a CMA crest on his shoulder). Arfur Browning was a pal, plus knew all the Hanks Clan. Can contact me directly? Brummiebaz