Author Topic: 60s Motorcycle dealers  (Read 41002 times)

Jon

Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
My dad used to manage H and L motors on Dudley Rd, late 60's /early seventies, [size=78%]he then moved to Stirchley Motor Cycles on Pershore Rd and after that he set up Kawasaki City in Selly Oak.[/size]

AWJD

« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
I remember Stirchley Motor Cycles being quite a small place on Pershore Road but can't remember what bikes they sold although I vaguely remember a spares counter. There used to be another motorcycle dealer down the road on the other side (now a Reliant dealer) which had a bigger show room. I remember they had a lovely BSA B44 Victor Roadster which I lusted after at the time!

Jon

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »
There were 2 dealers more or less opposite each other where the Pershore Rd narrows going past the bowling alley towards the Dogpool pub. Birmingham Motor Cycles was on the left and was the larger of the 2 and Stirchley Motor Cycles was on the right and later became the Reliant dealers. Apparently it is still there and sells Aixam (?) and Reliant cars. Birmingham Motor Cycles i believe has been long gone and now converted to houses.