Author Topic: 60s Motorcycle dealers  (Read 83733 times)

DBD34

Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 10:22:32 PM »
Thanks Frederick -- The great days of engineering excellence & make do and mend, anything was possible l suppose but can you imagine in these PC days trying to get insured for something like that? Pete.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
I've moved this thread here because it's mostly chat, as opposed to video's and photos. Which is where it was posted was designated.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »
I've moved this thread here because it's mostly chat, as opposed to video's and photos. Which is where it was posted was designated.
Point taken Phil, though several of us were requesting pictures of various motorcycle dealers, amongst the interesting chat. unfortunately, photo's on this subject seem to be rather scarse. Maybe the "Lounge" is the best place for this topic.
                                                                                                                                  Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »
malc

No it's fine here as it is requesting information from the 60's. Anyway I think you might get more viewers here.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »
malc

No it's fine here as it is requesting information from the 60's. Anyway I think you might get more viewers here.
[/quote)
Cheers Phil..     O0                                                                                               Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 12:48:18 PM »
I thought yo biker lads might like to see these that I took at the Black Country Museum the other day.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
Thanks for that, Phil.  It is not a dealer that I know of, but some others might. Do you have any idea where the shop was, originaly?  Was it in the Black Country?  There are some words on the name board, but too small to make out what they say. They may have been clearer to you when you were there?
                                                                                                                          Malc.                                   

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Malc

It just says Hire purchase and insurance arranged on the one side and Part exchange welcome on the other.

I would imagine that the shop would have originated in the Black Country somewhere and I would suppose had I ventured inside I might have found out, but as we had our four year old great grandson with us I was a little scared he might jump on one of the bikes. Next time I'll go in and find out.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 02:38:32 PM »
Malc

It just says Hire purchase and insurance arranged on the one side and Part exchange welcome on the other.

I would imagine that the shop would have originated in the Black Country somewhere and I would suppose had I ventured inside I might have found out, but as we had our four year old great grandson with us I was a little scared he might jump on one of the bikes. Next time I'll go in and find out.
Thanks, Phil..
   If you do go again, perhaps you could take and post a picture or two of the bikes inside?

Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
Malc

I will definitely be going again, if you convert you entrance fee into a charitable donation you get free entrance for the rest of the year. Until then perhaps you might a look at these bikes they are showing at the moment.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »

Malc

I will definitely be going again, if you convert you entrance fee into a charitable donation you get free entrance for the rest of the year. Until then perhaps you might a look at these bikes they are showing at the moment.

Thanks Phil.  That is interesting what you say about the entrance fee, I will probably pay a visit a bit later in the year.    O0 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy