Author Topic: 60s Motorcycle dealers  (Read 83741 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »

the man him self

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Ogri

« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »
Hi sidecarsid , the Albert Mole you mention in #126 , would that be the same one from Colemore motorcycles Stratford road in the 60s ?
Ogri

Sidecarsid

« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2017, 07:53:26 AM »
Hi Ogri.
Sorry for the delay in replying, yes you are correct it is the same Albert Moule, and what a good rider for his age as he must have been well into his 70s when I knew him back in the 80s-90s.

Ogri

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:41 AM »
Hi sidecarsid'
I remember buying an Areal Arrow from from him about 1965 that's how i found out about his racing.
Ogri

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
What was the motor bike shop atGosta Green,my best mate had a Francis Barnet,he put it in part exchange for a Norton Dominator ,his mate Brian Jones had a Gold Star what a bike.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »
What was the motor bike shop atGosta Green,my best mate had a Francis Barnet,he put it in part exchange for a Norton Dominator ,his mate Brian Jones had a Gold Star what a bike.

Was it this one on the corner of Sheep Street & Aston Street?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
Sure was Phil,what a great place to look round,but never really wanted a motor bike after seeing a man driving quite slowly come off at the island on the corner of Stafford St at the island in the late 50s.So bought a Morris 8 series E grand little motor.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Sidecarsid

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2017, 09:15:05 AM »
Hi Edmund.
A friend that I knew back then had a brother who was a Motorcycle mechanic at Motor sales Gosta Green but I can't recall his Christian name but his surname was Townsend, his brother was Anthony (Tony).

countrylad

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »
I can remember a few motor cycle dealers from late 50's, early 60's was usually on a visit with my dad getting spares for his or his mates bikes. C&D Autos just out of Acocks Green, near Dolphin pub. Vale Onslow.  I think there may have been a dealer near Robinhood Island, Hall Green. Cant remember getting spares form there though.

Dad had a BSA V twin, 1000cc, it was an old AA patrol bike originally, dad bought it in the 50's off a man that put a child adult sidecar on it and towed a small caravan. Dad also had a later 1950's BSA 650, but I cant remember the model.

One particular memory I have is dad going to fix his mates bike after his mate had got his fingers caught in the drive chain. His mate lost the end of one finger and half of another.   

Sidecarsid

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
Hi Countrylad.
That was Sherwoods Motorcycles of Robin hood lane  Hall Green, The owner was like myself a member of the Birmingham Motorcycle Club in Station Road Acocks Green, Peter was his name but I can't recall his surname.

S.C.Sid.

countrylad

« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
Hi Countrylad.
That was Sherwoods Motorcycles of Robin hood lane  Hall Green, The owner was like myself a member of the Birmingham Motorcycle Club in Station Road Acocks Green, Peter was his name but I can't recall his surname.

S.C.Sid.
Hi S.C.Sid, thats the one, Robin Hood Lane. Until you said 'Robin Hood Lane' I had thought it was on the Strattford Rd but could not place it's where abouts.

All the Best Countrylad

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy