Author Topic: 60s Motorcycle dealers  (Read 84040 times)

Jon

Re: 60s Motorcycle dealers
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
My dad used to manage H and L motors on Dudley Rd, late 60's /early seventies, [size=78%]he then moved to Stirchley Motor Cycles on Pershore Rd and after that he set up Kawasaki City in Selly Oak.[/size]

AWJD

« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
I remember Stirchley Motor Cycles being quite a small place on Pershore Road but can't remember what bikes they sold although I vaguely remember a spares counter. There used to be another motorcycle dealer down the road on the other side (now a Reliant dealer) which had a bigger show room. I remember they had a lovely BSA B44 Victor Roadster which I lusted after at the time!

Jon

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »
There were 2 dealers more or less opposite each other where the Pershore Rd narrows going past the bowling alley towards the Dogpool pub. Birmingham Motor Cycles was on the left and was the larger of the 2 and Stirchley Motor Cycles was on the right and later became the Reliant dealers. Apparently it is still there and sells Aixam (?) and Reliant cars. Birmingham Motor Cycles i believe has been long gone and now converted to houses.

DBD32

« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2021, 10:50:37 AM »
Did anyone on here know a Raymond Robert Bennett, Boasley Green  area . Approximately  1964  .  He was a bsa biker around this time

DBD32

« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2021, 10:53:38 AM »
Can any one recall  Bennett & Wood  13 colmore row  Birmingham approx  1955

Robert

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2021, 11:56:06 AM »
1955. my old dad had just bought for me my first brand new B.S.A Bantam. I loved that bike. Pretty soon about that time. A gang of us used to gather down Peterbrook road by the ford as it was in those days. There were about three with Bantams. And got elected as "the Bantam Boys. We spent hours trialing off road up and down the cinder hills. There was a cop on a LE velocette we called Spikey who tried usually unsuccessfully to catch us up to no good. His arrival prompted about fifty bikers to make their escape en mass. Happy days a lovely country then to live in. What the hell happened to us, our parents and grand parents. fought two world wars for a lifestyle. and then somehow we gave the country away without a struggle. We must be a global joke now.

Robert

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2021, 12:02:33 PM »
sorry cant help with the Raymond Robert Guy

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2021, 12:27:43 PM »
Robert. Technology came into force, which changed everything plus immigration
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

GardenerGerald

« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2021, 09:14:12 PM »
What abut the man that raced as well as sold Motor bikes.
My next door neighbour came off his bike at le mans and died.
What a send off. A very large number of bikers lined up outside the church
And gave it full throttle at 2 PM. Just before the race he was given a reward to note it would be his 50th
race.
Gerald.

DBD32

« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »
Raymond bennett I  am led to believe  was in birmingham motorcycle club.   I was told he worked in the bar,  possibly  worked at a motorcycle  dealer in banbury. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy