Author Topic: ward end hall secondary modern school  (Read 6280 times)

DaveP66

Re: ward end hall secondary modern school
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 08:17:12 AM »
I went to Ward end hall 1966/1969,I was the last person that  Mr Haynes Cained on friday afternoon before he passed away ,I  enjoyed the years I had at ward end hall ,My favourite teacher  was Mr Howells , :)

DaveP66

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 08:33:12 AM »
Hi Moria, was Herman a black guy? my sister Rosemary Dodd went out with a Mansell brother who lived on bromford lane, they had a motorbike accident, how old are you Moira? I have lived in Sutton Coldfield for 30 years, I lived in Fulham from the age of 19 until 1987.
Yes Herman was a black guy he came to ward end hall when one of the schools  in Stetchford was closed most of the lads that came from there where all ways  in trouble

DaveP66

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 08:43:55 AM »
I remember when Mr Furguson gave me the chain for not paying attention in a gym lesson, That  wasn't  as  bad as Mr Garvey's pump O0

oldspicelyn57

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »
I went to wardend hall from 1968 to 1973 i remember miss brennan and miss blower i think the head mistress at that time was miss josty a long time ago

Dave1958

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 12:37:39 PM »
I remember Ms. Brennan very well, especially her wooden ruler which she often used on me. Ms. Blower was my 1O Form Teacher. Mr. Kennedy was my science teacher. I think Mr. Dorson was my metalwork teacher who would hit you with a metal ruler if you farted in class. Mr. Dawes gave me best mark in my last year at school for leisure, a B. All the rest of the teachers gave me Cs & Ds. My Form teacher Mr. Cecil wort on my last school report, “ He has played the fool for most of the year, in most aspects of his school life. Thus poor results” which was mostly true. Ms. Josty wrote, “I don’t know how he finds his way to school?” But I did find my way to Japan where I have been an English teacher for the past 30 years at a private school.[/font]

Paul Crocker

Re: ward end hall secondary modern school started in 1958!!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 04:58:27 PM »
I was one of the first pupils to start at Ward End hall 1958!  Danny Fosky was first head boy & i was
the second Paul Crocker it was a very good school for me i was not academic but good at sports &
Mr Haines sent me to his brother in laws office to make the tea it was a stockbrokers the rest is history
unbelievable! some names Maurice baker he left to go to hodge hill any news? Ernie taylor,
 bob lycett,susan harris,trevor morris girls, turner, smith, robinson cosnett, butler, lees, susan hayes?

I was 1 yard away from gary porter when he was struck and i ran to mr thomas PE Teacher he did not
believe me! took flowers to house with Teresa Colledge would love to here from people but a lot of names
mentioned are younger!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy