Author Topic: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham  (Read 19518 times)

blane

Re: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 08:50:05 PM »
Hello Johncorry - I was with Brian Clayton Monday lunchtime and we were talking about Howe St..Had a girlfriend who lived at the top end named Anne Graham,a lovely looking girl.but her brother had a proper caseball,so I went off with him for a game.Other friends I had around there were John Parton,Mick Duffy& Derek Kirby,We all attended Loxton St. School.

Christine hickinbottom

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
Hi my name is Christine Hickinbottom, I lived in 57 Howe st until 1958, was a friend of David Crockett and lived opposite the Claytons and Valante's  cousin  of Austin and Olive Bacciochi. Dennis,Ron Cathleen,Vera are my brothers and sister,. Dad Bill and Mom Kate, lived next door to the Musticoni's .i remember the murder
Went to Winsor st school.

Daisy1

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 05:12:03 AM »
Hello Christine,

You would have been in Howe Street the same time as me I think, we left about 1953. Do remember the shop run by Charlie and Irene Bush. I lived in a back to back, my maiden name was Forrester. My grandparents lived in Curzon Street and their name was David and Ellen Millichamp.

CaroleC

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 10:06:36 AM »
My great grandmother lived in Howe Street her name as Ellen Cross, I think she lived opposite a grocers shop, we lived with her in the late forties early fifties, my mom had many a fight in the back yard over who's turn it was to use the brewers, happy days !!

The Thinker

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
any one rember howe st birmingham

Hi Michael

Do you remember me from the King's Arms in Howe Street (where I lived with my parents)?

Do you also remember that we cycled to Rhyl when we were about 13 years of age?

Your sister used to stay overnight on occasions with my sister (Maxine)!

Hope this finds you well and please feel welcome to contact me.

Mal

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi Michael

Do you remember me from the King's Arms in Howe Street (where I lived with my parents)?

Mal

Hi Mal

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately Michael hasn't posted since 2013 so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply. Though sometimes posters do keep an eye on what's happening on the forum without making any posts. So you never know.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

CaroleC

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
Hi Michael
I remember Howe Street my great gran lived there, my parents moved in to stay in the late 40s with me as a baby. I remember standing outside the Kings head with a packet of crisps and a vimto, waiting for my grandad.

Mal

The Thinker

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »
Hi my name is Christine Hickinbottom, I lived in 57 Howe st until 1958, was a friend of David Crockett and lived opposite the Claytons and Valante's  cousin  of Austin and Olive Bacciochi. Dennis,Ron Cathleen,Vera are my brothers and sister,. Dad Bill and Mom Kate, lived next door to the Musticoni's .i remember the murder
Went to Winsor st school.

Hi Christine Hickingbottom, I remember you and your brothers. You probably remember my sister, you used to come over to our house to see my sister she is 7years younger than me. We lived in the pub across the road from you. The pub was named: The Kings Arms. We would like to hear from you. The Thinker. 

CaroleC

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
Hi Christine Hickingbottom, I remember you and your brothers. You probably remember my sister, you used to come over to our house to see my sister she is 7years younger than me. We lived in the pub across the road from you. The pub was named: The Kings Arms. We would like to hear from you. The Thinker.

My grandad used to drink in, and fight outside, The Kings Arms most weekends in the 60s, I used to be standing outside with a bag of crisps and a vimpto His mum lived opposite the shop I think was called Mr Connors, my granny was taken to All Saints hospital where she died.

mickduffy1942

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »
hi
mal ijust to remember you took me to birningham hip what pub did your dad take over when he left kings arms

Carobeau

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
 my mom was born in Howe street 1924 Lilian May Owen any info appreciated

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy