Author Topic: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham  (Read 19520 times)

michael duffy

Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »
any one rember howe st birmingham

CaroleC

Re: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »
I lived in Howe street with my parents and my great grand mother. I remember the brewers at the back (not sure if thats spelt correctly) and the row of toilets. Also there was a shop on the corner owned by Mr Connor, I think there was a pub down there too, could be the kings Arms not sure.  We were there about 1949 to 1952.

We then moved to Small Heath and my great grandma went to All Saints in Winson Green after having lots of sightings of people on top of the wardrobes :-\

michael duffy

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
ilived in howe st someone was murder there any one know

CaroleC

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
Hi Michael can you remember the year the murder happened, or there abouts.

michael duffy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
it happened in the late 50 tys botten end of st I remember
the cops kicking the door in and the man throwing bricks at them

CaroleC

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
it happened in the late 50 tys botten end of st I remember
the cops kicking the door in and the man throwing bricks at them

I think that could have been my Grandad, he did spend time in Winson Green prison about that time.

LBA

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
I lived in Howe street with my parents and my great grand mother. I remember the brewers at the back (not sure if thats spelt correctly) and the row of toilets. Also there was a shop on the corner owned by Mr Connor, I think there was a pub down there too, could be the kings Arms not sure.  We were there about 1949 to 1952.

We then moved to Small Heath and my great grandma went to All Saints in Winson Green after having lots of sightings of people on top of the wardrobes :-\

planetmalc

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
All hoping to catch a glimpse of the lion and the witch............. :D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

LBA

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Where in Smallheath did you move to?  I lived on Byron road from 52 - 64 when to Jenkin St. school and then to Old Know Road Secondary school.

CaroleC

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
Where in Smallheath did you move to?  I lived on Byron road from 52 - 64 when to Jenkin St. school and then to Old Know Road Secondary school.

We lived near Oakley road school, I went to Oldknow road school for a term but was unfortunately, expelled, it was'nt me honestly. ::)

Daisy1

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Hello Michael, I too lived on Howe Street with my parents and younger brother in the fifties, I remember the murder, we lived in a back to back and the murder was in house joined on to us, a son murdered his father and left him in the cellar, the son went to Woodcock Street baths with friends and the police were waiting for him when he got back, apparently the body was in a terrible state. Half way up Howe Street was a shop run my Charlie and Irene Bush, they allowed people to have things on tic and when this particular man never came in to pay his bill they got suspicious and called the police.
Our name was Forrester and my grandparents name was Millichamp and they lived on Curzon Street.

Regards Daisy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy