Author Topic: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham  (Read 19515 times)

Daisy1

Re: Anyone remember Howe St Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
FranJ I lived there as a little girl but left there about 1951/2. The pub was called The Kings Arms. There was also a corner shop run by Charlie and Irene Bush.

CaroleC

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
I think the factory you could see into was Whittaker Ellis, I went down there last week, Howe street is now a car park, all that community, although very poor, brings back lots of lovely memories.

FranJ

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
Hi Carole -  Would you happen to know what the number of the house opposite (the one that we lived in)?

CaroleC

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »
Hi Carole -  Would you happen to know what the number of the house opposite (the one that we lived in)?

Not of the top of my head, I will ask my mom and get back to you.

LINDY

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
Hello,I lived in Howe street in the 60s ,i was about 10yrs old at the time ,I lived there with my sisters we was a mixed race familly and we didnt have many friends because nobody wanted to talk to us because we lived in that house where the murder happened,it was after that strange things started to happen that somebody then told us it was a house haunted,we didnt stay there long maybe a year,and then we moved to William Henry street Nechalls where we had many friends.

Daisy1

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
OMG I can't believe it, someone else who remembers the murder, we lived at the house at the back, it gave my mother the creeps when she went down to the cellar to think that only a wall divided her from the body that had been down there.

LINDY

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:19 AM »
Hi,My mom passed away a couple of weeks ago and with my sisters we were talking about all out childhood days which were so good, except when we lived in that house in howe street,i remember two of the men who worked in the factory opposite our house,they knocked on our door carrying our dog and told us they seen our dog jump out of the upstairs window and there was nobody behind him and he died,then i remember my dad nailing up the shed at the end of the back garden and in the middle of the night we were woken by the banging of the shed door it was wide open,and many other things that happened in that house,we were so glad to move out.   Regards  Lindy

Daisy1

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »
Hello Lindy,

I don't think it can be the same murder or back to back house, you mention a garden, well there weren't any gardens when I was there.

Daisy

LINDY

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »
Sorry ,i remember there was some kind of back yard and this tiny shed ,i was born in 1956 and i must have been around 8 or 10 when we moved in there but i will ask my older sister,but we were told after that somebody had died in that house but we didnt know how.  Lindy

Daisy1

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »
Hello Lindy,

Our house was a back to back, so there was a house attached to the back of us, we looked out onto a courtyard with an air raid shelter in the middle, the murder was committed in the house that was actually on Howe Street, maybe the houses opposite had gardens I can't remember. There could well have been another murder in that street, who knows.

Johncorry

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
I was born in 1945 we was in howe st till 1957 we lived at the bottom by the old peck I remember the Harris s webs baccoih. Valentines claytons crows higgingbottoms kerneis  crockets mr bush the other shop was landers kings arms used to play marbles with olive b. Had the bonfires by us. The older men used to come out of the railway pub cross the rd on summer Sundays and play football we wud go up the street and get the pop then take the emptys  back for the money. Used to go bishop ryders school then loxton st

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy