Author Topic: Lea Village Junior School  (Read 9718 times)

seanf

Lea Village Junior School
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Hi all, my name is Sean Flynn and I went to Lea Village Junior School from 1968 to 1972. It would be great to hear from anyone who attended the same years or any time for that matter. My memory is pretty useless now and the only teacher I remember is  Mr. Marsh ( headmaster ). In the same year as me were Mark Rooney and Kieth Jackson who I am still in touch with. Others I remember are Paul Allcock, Stephen Pouney, Mark Ames, Paul Bagshaw, Deborah Stanley and Karen Kirby. The only reason I remember Karen Kirby is because she beat me up once  lol.  Hope someone gets in touch. Would be great to have my memory jogged

elaine1

Re: Lea Village Junior School
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »
hi sean,mandy hiley here.i remember you.hows tina.give her my regards.i remember keith jackson and a few others from lea village school.mr.shaw.mr.page.mr.blythe.mr.carr.timmy perry.mark and stephen walters,kevin mepstead,janet humpherston,mark rooney.i saw stephen rooney just the other day it was lovely to see him although i still see him as a baby ahh.i remember most of us being at gossey lane too.

seanf

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »
Hiya Mandy, long time no see. How's Gary and Steve? Haven't seen them for about 30 years. I was working with a tiler who had been working with your older brother who's name I can't bleedin remember  lol. Oh the joys of getting old!!!  Blimey you remember some names. I remember them now you've jogged my memory. And Gossey Lane as well. Where have all the years gone??  Hows life treating you anyway?  Thanks for replying. Lovely to hear from you. Tell all the family I said hello

elaine1

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »
hi sean,mandy again.we are all fine.how are all your family please give them all my best wishes.my eldest brother is michael.we dont really get on but thats life.i dont know sean,one minute we are all playing around the park or in the streets then suddenly, im a grandma.its funny, i can remember things from years ago but not last week.its mad where all the time has gone,its just zoomed passed.sean,do you remember a lad called paul austin. he used to live in the flats and he went to sir. wilfs.he was garys mate but mine too. i would love to hear from him.he was a couple of years older than me and you.i work for greggs in shard end and was asked to work at the one in the poolway afew weeks ago but only for the day. it was so lovely to be back there. that area will always be home to me even though ive been in shard end for 32 years.anyway ,ill close for now.really great to hear from you.

Davidbrown

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:49 AM »
Hi elaine, just read your post,I had a school mate who lived in gossey lane, a couple of doors down on the left as you came down the bank his name was Tommy astle. Wonder if anyone can remember him,or his wearabouts, or any of his family

mand365

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:02:20 PM »
hi david,im so sorry but I don't remember tommy astle.i do remember mr.roadknight who was the caretaker of gossey lane school,he had a son called nigel and they lived in the house attatched to the school.i was there from 1965-1968 or 69.i then went to lea village junior school then mirfield.imstill trying to find out what happened to my little mate,paul Austin [ozza].he went to sir wilfs.

kk

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »
Hi Sean, guess who????? Karen Kirby here and I do not remember beating you up!!!!!  Hope you are well....

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »
Hi KK,did you have a sister named Gladys who lived just up from the village island towards Tile Cross
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

kk

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »
Hi KK,did you have a sister named Gladys who lived just up from the village island towards Tile Cross
No, I think I had a distant cousin called Gladys though

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 04:12:39 PM »
We were at. Lea village till54 does that sound right
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

kk

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
We were at. Lea village till54 does that sound right

My family moved to Lea Village around 1963 I think but my dad's uncle and aunt lived there before. Their names were Fred and Gert

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy