Author Topic: Birmingham & the Midlands Pubs  (Read 102726 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Birmingham & the Midlands Pubs
« Reply #957 on: November 08, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »

Thats the place Phil, looks a lot cleaner than I remember it. Had an 'Offi' as well, which I didn't recall.  O0

I think a lot of pubs around that time had off sales, but they quickly were swallowed up by the pub itself as outdoors became less popular. 
Make Love Not War

maltablue

« Reply #958 on: November 09, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
Countrylad. No Josie was a plump English woman, her husband was also English. Do not recall that barmaid, but there was a Christine who worked there for a long time ( she had four kids ).
 I did not live in the area but had a friend who lived in the maisonettes next door to the pub. Shaun Kelly his wife was Layla, they had a son called Marc.
Born and Bred in Sparkbrook.

countrylad

« Reply #959 on: November 09, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
Countrylad. No Josie was a plump English woman, her husband was also English. Do not recall that barmaid, but there was a Christine who worked there for a long time ( she had four kids ).
 I did not live in the area but had a friend who lived in the maisonettes next door to the pub. Shaun Kelly his wife was Layla, they had a son called Marc.
maltablue, thanks for getting back. Next time I see my brother ( I think we are due for our 5 yearly meet!) I will ask him if he remembers Shaun and Layla.

maltablue

« Reply #960 on: November 09, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
your welcome. Thinking back, i think there was an Irish Landlord at the Primrose, which was just down the road.I could imagine a fight in there. It was Ansell's beer.  :D
Born and Bred in Sparkbrook.

countrylad

« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
your welcome. Thinking back, i think there was an Irish Landlord at the Primrose, which was just down the road.I could imagine a fight in there. It was Ansell's beer.  :D
;D ;D