Author Topic: Birmingham & the Midlands Pubs  (Read 110490 times)

davidc

Re: Birmingham & the Midlands Pubs
« Reply #979 on: January 09, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
The Punchbowl looks like a remand centre :D
Power corrupts

davidc

« Reply #980 on: January 09, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
Judith, the Hillyfields and the Copper Fox are one and the same building, you are right ;D ;D . Phil needs a lie down ;D ;D
Power corrupts

Scipio

« Reply #981 on: January 09, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »

Judith

Surely my theory has already been proven with this pub, didn't it undergo a name change already and then close down before these recent renovations.

I hope I have got the right pub, as it's one I've never used.

Phil we had a partial family get together here my sister RIP lived locally and her kids , my brood . Plus my brother in laws brothers wife and her kids . My mother RIP is buried not far away from here .

JudithM

« Reply #982 on: January 10, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
Judith, the Hillyfields and the Copper Fox are one and the same building, you are right ;D ;D . Phil needs a lie down ;D ;D

;D

The Hillyfields didn't close down as such before the change of name mind you.  It looked busy & popular right up until it closed for what I thought was just going to be refurbishment, when it opened a couple of weeks later it had a new name and branding (it's a bar & grill now), and looks rather devoid of clientele when I go past.  I've never been in there mind you, I just go past it on the bus en route to Northfield on the way home from work.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

nathan

« Reply #983 on: January 12, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
punchbowl ridgacre road
thanks for info on hilly fields