Author Topic: Walking , Cycling , a day out for Brummies  (Read 35394 times)

greenbrummie

Re: Walking , Cycling , a day out for Brummies
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »

anyone know anything about blue berries?

I have often wondered if the bilberries that we used to pick at the Lickeys are the same fruit as blueberries from shops?

davidc

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
Blueberries very good for you lots of vit c etc.. make great muffins and pies :)
Power corrupts

nathan

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
Davidc
I have been told that there are two types of blue berries and one is not edible ??? . can anyone shed any light this
dave,

nathan

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »
white lion coventry
to red lion corley

nathan

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
Tipperary.we have had a great walk from here. opposite pub finger posts very easy to follow to castle then return.there is a alternative route back west to chase wood but you will need a map. Just over 6 miles most of walk flat. 
four real ales,Tribute,timothy Taylor's,old golden hen,and wainwright,very friendly pub,nice gardens 

nathan

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »
tips for staying active .there is a ambling club called fircones (friends in retirement) for  the older ones like myself, nice friendly group that walk at an easy pace . They meet in town about 10-30am and use public transport  (bus pass) to places like Henley in arden, Temple balsall, Cannock chase. most walks are about 4 miles and last about 3 and half hours.
you will find fircones Birmingham on the net .they also cover other interests, well worth looking into
dave

davidc

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »
It's a pity this thread has gone quiet. Some grand pics. Any good routes beyond Sutton Coldfield?
Power corrupts

townie

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
The thread has gone quite due to Nathan has not been active since February. Its a shame really as Nathan took some good photos when he was on his travels. All we can hope is that he comes back and posts more of his photos.  Thank you.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

nathan

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised on a walk across Sandwell  country park . All You need is a bus pass to get there for good day out. Highly recommended   

Potomac

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2017, 10:38:58 PM »
The final stage of the Tour of Britain starts tomorrow (Sunday 10th. Sept) in Worcester and finishes in Cardiff.  I guess a short drive to a place on route could make for a good day out.
best wishes,  Alan

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »
Saw the tour of Britain come through Lichfield good few years ago ,blink your eyes and they had passed you .,Still follow the Tour de France religiously watch it every year,some off the scenery on the climbs are magnificent.Used to do a lot of cycling in my youth spose that why I like it so much
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy