Author Topic: Greenway Street Small Heath  (Read 5508 times)

nunus

Greenway Street Small Heath
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
Lived in Greenway St as a child from 1961-1970, and had a saturday job in Stocktons Bakery, Just wondered if anyone had any pics/recollections of the area around that time.Thanks

planetmalc

Re: Greenway Street Small Heath
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:22:24 PM »
There are a few photo's of the two ends of Greenway Street in existence (don't know whether they're on this forum or not) but shots of the middle section  -  which was probably where you lived  -  are really rare (but they do exist).      I've also seen a shot of Greenway Street's WW1 memorial, but it wasn't possible to pin down which house it was affixed to.      Which number did you live at? (I may know some of your neighbours).
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

nunus

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
It was actually 54 - opposite a factory called Bywaters

patb

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
Hi Nunus.

I lived in Greenway st till 1962, there are a couple of photo's of Greenway st on small heath website.

Pat

planetmalc

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »
It was actually 54 - opposite a factory called Bywaters

Sorry, the nearest family to your house that I knew were the Kinchins at number 32 (formerly a fruit & veg shop).

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
A couple of photos of Greenway St, not great photos though.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

nunus

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 08:14:33 PM »
Thank you all - really appreciate the contributions. Last visited the area about 5 years ago after it had all been redeveloped, so finding the pics and comments just fantastic.

planetmalc

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »
Those pictures bring it all back.      Thanks, Phil.

rosemary careys daughter

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »
My mom used to live on greenway street just showed her these pictures brought back a few memories for her , was actually nice to see where she grew up .

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
Hi Rosemary's daughter

Welcome to the forum, it's a great shame that there are not a lot of photos of Greenway Street about, but there are plenty of other local scenes about. If there is anything in particular that your mother would like to see just ask and we will try and see what we can do.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Janet Bassett Harlowe

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »
My mom used to live on greenway street just showed her these pictures brought back a few memories for her , was actually nice to see where she grew up .

Hello Roemary's daughter, my name is Janet Bassett  I was one of your mom's best friends in Greenway Street, we met up after many years just after your Grandfather passed away, but lost touch again, I'd love to meet up with your mom again before I return to Spain 25th January.  I don't even know if you'll get this message I really hope you do.  Take care, I hope I hear from you soon xx

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy