Author Topic: the old pubs of brum  (Read 928626 times)

kp

Re: the old pubs of brum
« Reply #2508 on: June 12, 2021, 11:16:29 AM »
Hello to one and all, hope your keeping well. I was wondering if anyone knows the date of the Bell Pub in Northfield on Page 94 Reply No 1030 the second photo down, when it was knocked down. I was born in Northfield in 1947 and can remember it (Northfield) quite well but that particular pub I`m not sure about. I can certainly remember the one that followed ok. I went back to U.K the last time about 25yrs ago and Northfield had changed so much but looking at it now on Google it seems hardly recognisable. I think I can remember the shop on the opposite corner used to be a shoe shop. Thanks for reading and any replies and keep well. 

Lizajanebell

« Reply #2509 on: June 14, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »
Does anyone remember a pub on Saltley road or have a photo to post? The pub in question was (the Station )

Does anyone have any old photos of the Guild Arms pub on Witton road in aston? My parents ran the pub in the 60's

Scipio

« Reply #2510 on: June 14, 2021, 06:27:34 PM »

Does anyone have any old photos of the Guild Arms pub on Witton road in aston? My parents ran the pub in the 60's

Hello Lizajanebell Welcome I lived briefly in Witton Road in 1971 , and I used to fetch my carry out from there at that time , I was actually chatting to the gaffer with a view to working behind the bar . What time did your parents leave ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

MrBurt

« Reply #2511 on: June 28, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
The Station Inn Saltley Road

My Great Grand Parents and lived next door to the Station Inn for 40 years has anyone got any images I would be very grateful struggling to find anything

Thanks so much

Alex LV

« Reply #2512 on: July 25, 2021, 03:38:18 PM »
Remember my dad taking me too the Cherry Arbour  in the early 90’s loved the place, if anyone can remember him the Greek man? And has anyone got any contact with the old landlords at the time?

Dermot Basha

« Reply #2513 on: November 18, 2021, 10:16:27 AM »
Hi guys,
stumbled upon this site by accident,  really glad i did,
some amazing memories, and great pubs,
My Dad was a pub landlord, running pubs like, Woolpack (Summer lane) opp Abulance station,
anyone remember that one?
Farcroft Hotel Handsworth,
Lozzells Inn, Newtown,
Round House Chelmsley wood, it was a brand new pub,
Mermaid Strafford Road,
Beagles Acocks green,
Lincoln Poacher Olton,
Patrick Bashford,

anyone remember the old fly over in Digbeth? there was a club opposite, called Daddy Long Legs,
puts the "talk of the Town" to shame lol

Gwladmab

« Reply #2514 on: November 18, 2021, 02:23:51 PM »
Hi guys,
stumbled upon this site by accident,  really glad i did,
some amazing memories, and great pubs,
My Dad was a pub landlord, running pubs like, Woolpack (Summer lane) opp Abulance station,
anyone remember that one?
Farcroft Hotel Handsworth,
Lozzells Inn, Newtown,
Round House Chelmsley wood, it was a brand new pub,
Mermaid Strafford Road,
Beagles Acocks green,
Lincoln Poacher Olton,
Patrick Bashford,

anyone remember the old fly over in Digbeth? there was a club opposite, called Daddy Long Legs,
puts the "talk of the Town" to shame lol
Hello Dermot Basha, welcome to the forum. I do remember the Round House Chelmsley Wood. Good pub, had a DJ there 1 night a week, I think it may have been a Thursday, this was back in the early 70’s. Lovely piece of woodland next to the pub, Allcott Wood.

Scipio

« Reply #2515 on: November 18, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »
I remember The Daddy Long Legs name I never went in there unfortunately wrong side of town for me . Welcome to the forum by the way
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Dermot Basha

« Reply #2516 on: November 19, 2021, 11:16:32 AM »
thanks Guys,
to be fair you didnt miss much not going in there ha,
there used to be a lot of trouble in the Roundhouse,

Gwladmab

« Reply #2517 on: November 19, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »
I think the majority of Chelmsley Wood pubs had trouble, that got worse over time. The Friendly Inn where I would go mostly didn’t live up to its name either. All part of growing up, some of em never did....

Charlie cheek

« Reply #2518 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:45 PM »
Re the Friendly, the wall around the yard had barbed wire and broken glass embedded in the top, above was a sign saying welcome to the Friendly. Always made me smile when I past.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy