Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 15186 times)

Joewoen

Re: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
I am not normally out and about in the city in the evenings. On a recent visit to the city I caught a night bus from Aston to city after 1:00 am and neither my wife or I had any cause for concern.

townie

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »
Ray most of the stuff you post I agree with but you can't be serious when you say Brum is a save place. Walk round Lozells at midnight.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Ray Harrison

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
Townie ,maybe I am fooling my self. I have returned to Brum after a long time away and do not want to admit it was a bad move, Saying this Bromsgrove was the closest I wanted to come back to.
BUD

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
I am not normally out and about in the city in the evenings. On a recent visit to the city I caught a night bus from Aston to city after 1:00 am and neither my wife or I had any cause for concern.

joe wife and I was in brum not so long back to see a show when we come out I could not find the way in to the multy carpark the way that we had come out this would be about  o130 there was some black lads about six or seven of them standing and chatting   so I went up to them and said hi lads can you help me out im a bit lost im trying to get in to that carpark but its shut off   come with me I will show you  two of them took us round the back of this place them we come out  by some steps the lad said there you are up them steps you will see the door  I said thanks lads there reply was sweet sweet man and off they went
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
You must be one of the luckiest people I know. You have a group of black lads chatting at 1.30am in the morning and you went up to them. You must be either an absolute idiot, or as brave as lionhart. I like to think I have some street cred, but you done what I wouldn't especially with the wife in toe.
What did you think a group of lads were doing at 130am in the multi story car park playing marbles.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
 townie
             I do not tar all folk with the same brush and I had no fear of them because I gave them no attitude  I gave them respect  and on departing I said thanks lads  I would also go in to any part of brum at any time on my own  brum is nothing to some parts I have been to

99% of the young white or black are ok in brum well they are to me any way I do not discriminate all the same to me

townie

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »
Roy I must applaud you. I have seen a lot of things go on in Birmingham I wouldn't have done what you did whether you tar people with the same brush or not, you are one brave person.
Roy people are getting stabbed going to school on public transport in Brum and probably other big cites and you had no fear because you were polite. You must be one hell of a man

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
ok townie no im not brave  by any standard nor am I foolish    shall we put the boot on the other foot

shall we say your in your 20s and you are standing chatting to your mates   and an old black couple come up to you and said can you help out lads we are a BIT LOST HOW WOULD YOU AND YOUR MATES RESPOND?

townie

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
Roy you a predicament that I cant answer. 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »
Roy you a predicament that I cant answer.

why?              are you telling me you would not know how you would respond

townie

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
Lets put it this way nowadays I would show you the way. Don't ask me what I would have done years ago. I am not going to say, maybe I would have showed you the way, maybe I would have said I don't know ok.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy