Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 15190 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »
 maybe I would have showed you the way, maybe I would have said I don't know ok.

if the lads had of said that to me I would have said that's ok lad thanks any way

when I was in my 20 if some one had  said to me can you tell me the way im lost    black or white would have made no difference I would have told them or took them

but there again im different in the late 60  on a Sunday afternoon we used to play cricket in farm road park 40 or 50 of us black white brown  and we used to take the pee out of each other like you would not believe but we had a good game  and good fun and  we was mates in a kind of way  so perhaps its my up bringing that made me like I am treat folk how they treat you to get respect you have got to give it
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
Roy that was in the 40s 50s things have changed.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
Roy that was in the 40s 50s things have changed.
townie if you read it I said in the late 60s

townie

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
Roy I will tell you what I will do. Its no good arguing on a forum. Let me speak to my friend you lives in Villa Cross Handsworth.He has 3 sons if they are prepared to go to Lozells  I don't know if Handsworth and Lozells get on but I will ask. Are you up for meeting in New St about midnight and you taste the real Brum life. I cant promise but I will try,

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
 Its no good arguing on a forum  we are not arguing we are debating  the ifs and the buts of Birmingham and you have no need to show me brum at midnight

I could show you a place not in the UK where a wrong look could get you a knife in you neck but that's a different matter but if you think its an argument then its the end of the debate from me

townie

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »
Ok sorry I got it wrong not an argument but as you say a debate.

trapio

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:00 AM »
townie,

Do the unexpected with a sincere smile - that's exactly what worked for Joe for sure - in other words, take and retain the initiative, and as was 100% right, Joe showed respect and it was positively reciprocated. 

Simple - but stay alert - know who/what's at your back.
Integrity is non negotiable

townie

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »
Back on as a debate Quote (I could show you a place not in the UK where a wrong look could get you a knife in you neck but that's a different matter). We were talking about Birmingham

townie

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
A man has been shot dead during disorder in Birmingham, police have said.
West Midlands Police were called to the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook at 19:30 BST on Wednesday.
Two other men, one with knife wounds and another with gunshot injuries, were taken to hospital for treatment.
A number of arrests have been made, police said. Farm Road and Grantham Road have been sealed off while police investigate the scene.
The A34 Stratford Road was closed all Thursday morning but reopened at lunchtime.

And who said Birmingham was a safe place. And this is not an isolated incident. 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
I don't think anybody would claim that Birmingham is any safer than any large city in the world, but it's certainly no worse than many.

I'm willing to bet that rival tribes of Somali decent are involved in this latest incident. They were the reason why my uncle who lived in the area all his life finally moved out some five or six years ago.

It was like the wild west on the streets at night with all the fighting, the police wouldn't come out when they were called and usually arrived when it was all over. I think this is why they were forced to turn the Old Vic pub into a police station at a time when they were closing police stations everywhere else.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
Why are we being pushed from our Cities. This is supposed to be our country but we are not being allowed to walk the streets without fear for our lives. Its about time the government and the people of our country stood up and was counted. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy