Author Topic: Photos Mary Street Balsall Heath before demolision in late 1960s  (Read 25209 times)

townie

Re: Photos Mary Street Balsall Heath before demolision in late 1960s
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
Wonder what ever happened to the 3 girls and lad in the photo. You never know they may be members of this forum but haven't seen them yet, or one of our members might recognise them. as we have a lot from Balsall Heath members that is. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

cocacolakid

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
Phil & Mike..

Belated thanks for the Mary St school photos.   That's great, 3 of the pictures are ones that I was looking for  O0   Still puzzled why I could not find them anywhere on line, but all's well that ends well, as they say.  Thanks again.

Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
Malc

As I said, I'm not sure they are all Mike's they just look of a sort that he would have taken. I usually  keep all of mikes photo's in a separate file on my computer and some of there were in with my ordinary collection. Perhaps when you come on Mike you might separate which is which for me.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

earlswoodbob

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
Mary Street School, Balsall Heath
I attended Mary Street School from 1954 to 1961. I have many memories of teachers and pupils but do not have any class/ group photos and cannot find any on websites, although there are some from earlier. I have a couple of individual photos of myself but no class photos, this might be due to these not being taken or that my single parent mother could not afford them. I have still got all my reports and certificates etc.  from 54 to 61.
I would love to see any photos from this era and hear any memories.
It is strange that I have lived and worked most of my life in the Birmingham area and have only met one person from Mary Street since leaving Dennis Road school in 1966.

Pep

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2022, 02:43:17 PM »
Phul,

As I often went to Mary St because granddad plays cards at the School in 1950s, I got to know the area  quite well, so thanks for these memories O0

Pep

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2022, 02:48:50 PM »
I loved at no. 42 Mary st and went to Belgrave school until 1969 then moved to mount pleasant.

Pep

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2022, 02:49:27 PM »
I lived at 42 Mary st.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy