Author Topic: st chads school brearley street in the 60s  (Read 16292 times)

Brum26

Re: st chads school brearley street in the 60s
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 10:28:40 PM »
Hi all, my name was then Margaret Orr (Paddy), I left St.Chads 1965, I remember all the teachers that were mentioned, also - Jean Malone, Angela Fox, Alice Matthews to name but a few. Actually I need to check some old photos to recall names.  It would be great if someone got back to me, just for ‘old time sake’ hopeful xx

Brum26

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »
Hi all. I was at St Chads Senior School from1963 to 1967.My eldest sister Angela also attended but is 2 years older than me. I was in Mr Kerrs class Mr Begleys Sister Veronicas as well. Sister Etna was pure evil but Sister Veronica was very nice.Some classmates were Michael Copage Carol Dunn Sean Canavan.lt was a real tough school but l have good and bad memories of my time there.

asprin2

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2021, 06:29:13 PM »
Hi there , I'm surprised you don't remember ,Paul Wade. Tommy Burke  Michael Remedios Fred Mcinerny Teresa ford christine  cox Patrick Tumelty

PlasticGeordie

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 02:19:04 AM »
Hi folkies my name is Dave Bawden if anyone remembers me?
I'm late to the party as per. I attended St.Chads from 1965 (age 11) until 1970. I also was in Sister Veronica's class. She was great. And easily swayed off the subject she was teaching if we so wished. I remember sister Ethna. She was around 4' 10" tall and always made me smile when she hung off my arm attached to my 5' 10" frame to talk or tell me off. Always took assembly whilst standing on a pop crate.
Other teachers I remember were Mr Begley(Economics), Mr Winston(renowned for collection of his own school fund and confiscation of pupils cigarettes for his own consumption), Mr Arkin(The Slipperman) And I think Mrs Rolf the tone-deaf Music teacher to name a few. Does anyone remember the Canadian teacher who was there for a short time? He had us playing Basketball which was great fun.
To name just a few of the pupils(sorry if miss your names) Gerard Jones, Sean O'Callaghan, Gabe Mullally (we stayed friends for many years after leaving school before I lost track of them). Anyone remember remember Linda Stevenson and Carlene Lycett? I think we were the tallest kids in the school at the age of 12. Linda 5'9' and Carlene 6'4".
So much more to type but maybe another day......
Don't recognise the song/band....have a listen🎸

lmr3103

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2023, 06:33:41 PM »
Welcome to the Forum PlasticGeordie. Hope you find some old friends  :)

PlasticGeordie

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2023, 06:43:47 PM »
Welcome to the Forum PlasticGeordie. Hope you find some old friends  :)

Thank you 😊 One can but hope
Don't recognise the song/band....have a listen🎸

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy