Author Topic: Bristol street shops  (Read 18160 times)

mikejee

Re: Bristol street shops
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 10:41:06 PM »
The only thing is Townie, some times slimy parasites take photos from the internet, compile them and  put them in books or on DVDs to make a profit and often then try to claim that the photos are their copyright. I have no objection to people taking photos I have made , and would not object if they put one or two in a book, though I would definitely  expect an acknowledgment

townie

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
Mike I have made numerous and gratitude's mentions of you on this forum. Without people like you, members would be lost including me. All I can say is thanks Mike my map finding buddy. There is also one other person I would like to thank but as he don't read my posts its a shame. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
• No copyrighted material. Do not post or upload any material protected by copyright without the permission of the owner of the copyright. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any such infringement of copyright.

This is the posted rule concerning copyright for forum. Unfortunately if you knowingly post copyrighted material to the forum and the copyright holder takes exception then they will not only come after you, but also the site owner for allowing it to be posted.

My advice to anyone who posts photos to the forum is the same now as it has always been, always check to the best of you ability that the image is not covered by any legal claim of copyright. If there any copyright restrictions to using an image such as acknowledgement of the owner of the image then comply with those conditions.

If the forum receives any complaint concerning possible copyright of an image, on proof of that copyright being received the image in question will be deleted.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »
Hi Phil.Have you any photos of Bell Barn Road

townie

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »
I think Phil is your best bet. I have lots of phots of Bell Barn Road but Phil is a lot better bet.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 11:48:38 PM »
Andy

Take a look here,

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13199.msg560047#msg560047

There are some photos of Bell Barn Rd that I had posted previously and I have added some more this evening.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

paddy G.

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
I can remember around about 1958/59 on Bristol Street a caged lion in one of the car showrooms it was to promote the launch of the mini car used to pass the show room on my way to School the showroom was near to Saint Luke's Church does anyone remember this.

JudithM

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
Looks like they have started on the demolition work on Monaco House now.  At least strip out work is being done by the looks of it.

Also, the reconstruction of a building between what was Syed's solicitors and the rest of the row is well underway.  Steel frame has gone up already & it has gone up to the height of the adjacent buildings, so we're not going to be left with an odd little 2 story building like the one before it.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Shah

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, very busy at work.
Judith, they are well underway on Bristol st and Monaco house is about to come down too, Seams to all be going on round there. They had hoped to keep the facade on Side of the building on wrentham st, but it had to come down apparently as it was too far gone once they ripped the back off. Noticed today that the petrol station has now been flattened.
I now hear from a friend in the council that the wholesale markets is going now moving to Aston. The city is changing fast!

JudithM

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, very busy at work.
Judith, they are well underway on Bristol st and Monaco house is about to come down too, Seams to all be going on round there. They had hoped to keep the facade on Side of the building on wrentham st, but it had to come down apparently as it was too far gone once they ripped the back off. Noticed today that the petrol station has now been flattened.
I now hear from a friend in the council that the wholesale markets is going now moving to Aston. The city is changing fast!

I go along Bristol Street on my daily commute and things are definitely moving fast. 

The petrol station disappeared last week (if I remember correctly ) and Monaco house has started to come down now - it looks like they are working from the back to the front so when you look through the windows (which are still in at the front  ;D ) in places you see space where the back wall used to be.  It's a shame they had to take the side façade down on the end building, but I did wonder if it was salvageable (I'm sure I saw shrubby trees growing out of part of it!).  Do you know if they going to re-build it to look like it did before?

It's a shame about the wholesale markets, but I understand that space is one of the big issues.  I guess they need one of those places that they can just drive the huge lorries in & out of.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

80sthrowback

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
Hi

Back in the 80's, between the Diskery and Wrentham Street there was an old boys club called "KEGS" its where the Quarter Horse coffee shop is.

It was a private members club.

There was also an audio shop in that row too.
If things don't change they stay as they are. So make that change.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy