Author Topic: Bristol street shops  (Read 18161 times)

davesmith44

Re: Bristol street shops
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »
New to this site - I drove down Bristol street the other day - and it brought back memories - my grandad Harry Price had the fruit and veg shop next to Starkeys - late 60’s and early 70’s - I worked there as a Saturday lad in 1974 - but I remember the fab bread and cakes at Starkeys - next door to my grandads shop was Bill Bakers the Butchers and then you had Simpson’s the fishmonger - on a Saturday morning the well to do people parked on the road outside and dropped their orders off at the butchers, fishmonger and fruit and veg whilst they had morning coffee and cake in Starkeys - how long will it be before this remaining building will be demolished

Scipio

Re: Bristol street shops
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2020, 09:54:19 PM »
New to this site - I drove down Bristol street the other day - and it brought back memories - my grandad Harry Price had the fruit and veg shop next to Starkeys - late 60’s and early 70’s - I worked there as a Saturday lad in 1974 - but I remember the fab bread and cakes at Starkeys - next door to my grandads shop was Bill Bakers the Butchers and then you had Simpson’s the fishmonger - on a Saturday morning the well to do people parked on the road outside and dropped their orders off at the butchers, fishmonger and fruit and veg whilst they had morning coffee and cake in Starkeys - how long will it be before this remaining building will be demolished

Hello davesmith44 welcome to the site I hope you enjoy your time here
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy