Author Topic: BIRMINGHAM TO HOST THE 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES  (Read 21597 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: BIRMINGHAM TO HOST THE 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »
Like we're we live ,people leave black bags outside and it's foxes that rip them open.Thank god we haven't got people lying all over the place or underpasses.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
has anyone on this forum actually seen the state of perry barr... and i dont mean on street view...i have and still do...underpasses swimming in urine and littered with evidence of drug taking..shops either side a disgrace and in bad repair due to neglect...bags of ripped open bags of household rubbish line the pavements outside the shops..some are still there weeks later...beggars always sitting outside perry barr train station and a one legged female who stops traffic asking if she can clean the car windows.......and they want the worlds top athletes to see all this because no matter how much this area is tarted up it will never change...its a joke...

lyn

Lyn I'm not surprised by any stretch of the imagination , I'm still waiting to hear about the council not being able to finance some more important issue . Meanwhile they bung for something like this
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JudithM

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2019, 01:26:38 PM »
has anyone on this forum actually seen the state of perry barr... and i dont mean on street view...i have and still do...underpasses swimming in urine and littered with evidence of drug taking..shops either side a disgrace and in bad repair due to neglect...bags of ripped open bags of household rubbish line the pavements outside the shops..some are still there weeks later...beggars always sitting outside perry barr train station and a one legged female who stops traffic asking if she can clean the car windows.......and they want the worlds top athletes to see all this because no matter how much this area is tarted up it will never change...its a joke...

lyn

That one-legged car window cleaner gets about, she's often at the Bristol Road/Belgrave Middleway junction - unless there are a herd of one legged women in the car window cleaning business...

When I lived in the area there was one old guy who used to beg outside either the pub or the bookies.  At least no one was under any illusion as to where their money was going if they gave him any. ;)
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Emileoriva

BIRMINGHAM TO HOST THE 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2019, 07:36:36 PM »
Hi, Im not sure how to start a new topic or if i post here as i have just joined. I need some info about a piece i have just bought and can identify its birmingham but cannot find the w that my piece has on it. Can someone please help me find a way of opening a topic or adding pics, im not finding the site very easy to use. Thankyou

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »
Hi, Im not sure how to start a new topic or if i post here as i have just joined. I need some info about a piece i have just bought and can identify its birmingham but cannot find the w that my piece has on it. Can someone please help me find a way of opening a topic or adding pics, im not finding the site very easy to use. Thankyou

Read your messages, I have sent you some instructions, hope they help.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Grumpy

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »
Millions to be spent on this white elephant which will no doubt be over budget and late. And they still can’t empty the bins?
It can only happen in the Free Democratic People’s Republic of Birmingham.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2019, 04:46:44 PM »
What a lovely way of putting it Grumpy.Wholeheartedly agree with you
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Grumpy

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »
This missed my bins again today  >:(

mike mancott

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »
This missed my bins again today  >:(

Hi, Grumpy, welcome. We don`t get many grumpy posts on this forum. More power to your Grumpy elbow.

Mike

Grumpy

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2019, 07:49:57 PM »
 ;D  Being a council taxpayer I really believe I am more than qualified to have a grump about Birmingham and the way it’s not run...in fact I think it’s mandatory  O0

mike mancott

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »
;D  Being a council taxpayer I really believe I am more than qualified to have a grump about Birmingham and the way it’s not run...in fact I think it’s mandatory  O0

Good on yer, Grumpy. Go for it. ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy