Author Topic: Tyseley  (Read 8359 times)

JudithM

Re: Tyseley
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
A longshot here, but can anyone remember a saddlers/leather merchant in the Tyseley area?  At least I'm pretty sure it was that area, though memories are hazy.

I can remember seeing it from the top deck of the bus on the way to Town from Solihull with stuff hanging.  It possibly was on the Warwick Road, but possibly in a side road that you could see from the main road.  I would have been little at the time, so late 60's/ early 70's, but it was an old shop so would have been trading well before that.  From memory I remember it looking quite old-fashioned.

My mom pointed it out as being run by a family member (one of her uncles I think), so I would like to know more.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
Judith,

Could it possibly have been J Taylor Leather Good Dealer who's shop was at 1115A Warwick Road which was as good as opposite Station Road in Acocks Green Village?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Judith,

Could it possibly have been J Taylor Leather Good Dealer who's shop was at 1115A Warwick Road which was as good as opposite Station Road in Acocks Green Village?
I don't think so.  It was further toward Town than Acocks Green.  It would have been after Tyseley Station, but before the route joined Stratford Road by the Mermaid. 

I think.

The other alternative would be Small Heath way before that bus route joined the Stratford Road just before Digbeth, but my memory has it as being Tyseley or Greet way.  It was Victorian Terrace houses anyway, that much is clear in my memory. 
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy