Author Topic: Boys' Brigade - Birmingham Companies  (Read 21057 times)

Peg Monkey

Re: Boys' Brigade - Birmingham Companies
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2021, 11:49:07 AM »
The future of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award? - Prince Edward, The Earl of Essex and future Duke of Edinburgh achieved The D of E Gold Award in 1986, he has been active within the D of E Award Scheme for many years and must surely be favourite to head the award scheme in the future, he is due to inherit the title The Duke of Edinburgh when Prince Charles becomes King.
Prince Edward has recently launched an appear for holders of The Award, and those associated with it, to record their memories on the website:  https://www.dofe.org/
Peg   
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

meandthee

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »
End of an era. My membership of the Lifeboys and the BB had spanned a decade so I decided it was time to seek pasture new and I left at the end of the summer session in 1967. So was my discharge the last chapter in my Chonicle of my BB membership? Not quite.
Peg.
Hey Peg,
[size=78%]waving a hand from NZ. Member of the 3rd Sutton Coldfield late 60's early 70's. [/size]
[size=78%]Made contact with Alan Skipper a few years back (he's a freemason and pretty high up). Did a Jersey trip (Battle of the Flowers, with Hughie Green on the float!) and was an active member in the band, bass drum player.[/size]
[size=78%]Had a reunion in the 80's/90's at Chester Road Baptist, good event as I recall.[/size]
[size=78%]You bought back some very fond memories, thank you.[/size]
[size=78%]Steve[/size]

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2021, 04:21:50 PM »
Meandthee. Sad to say PEG Monkey as left the. FORUM.

He is still alive but sadly missed😢😢😢by all BRIGADE EX MEMBERS
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Charlie cheek

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2021, 05:33:04 PM »
Ed and Meandthee Peg has a look in most days, so lets hope he will bring back some more happy memories for you. O0

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2021, 09:28:10 PM »
peg you decided to stop posting and you did not like the petty rules   what  was you expecting 
members to say ho do not levee  peg  the forum will fall part with out you well it did not happen but peg ill tell you this  its not one more strike and your out  you was asked not to do some things on the forum thats all
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Spud

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2021, 08:41:06 AM »
Sad to see any Member leaving our Forum. Bet we have all thought about at one time me included when something gets up your nose. See that our old mate Peg has 'broken cover' . I don't suppose anyone would think the worst of him if sneaked in a few well chosen posts You know just to get back into the swing of things..
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2021, 11:50:09 AM »
IS IT OK TO SAY WELCOME BACK PEG ::) ::) ::)

NO I SUPPOSE NOT

Martin Hayden

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2021, 02:41:43 PM »
Thanks for letting me join.
Always interesting to read what different connections there are to different Companies within the Birmingham Battalion.

Rob1abb

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »
If any BB Company deserves a special mention on this Thread it has to be the oldest in Birmingham - The 1stA. The company started in 1913 based at Burbury St School and remained there until it moved to the nearby Peoples' Chapel in November 1967, by that time the school had become Harry Lucas Senior School, my school from 1960-65.
Peg.
1st Birmingham founded in 1891 as 1st Aston Manor and is still going.  1stA founded as 1st Birmingham Boys Life Brigade in 1913 so only one of the oldest companies still going in Birmingham.  1stA at People's Chapel, Great King Street B19 3AS are now recruiting again. Fridays in term time from 6.15 pm. Boys ages 5 to 18. Girls Brigade meet same day and time.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
1st Birmingham founded in 1891 as 1st Aston Manor and is still going.  1stA founded as 1st Birmingham Boys Life Brigade in 1913 so only one of the oldest companies still going in Birmingham.  1stA at People's Chapel, Great King Street B19 3AS are now recruiting again. Fridays in term time from 6.15 pm. Boys ages 5 to 18. Girls Brigade meet same day and time.
Hi Rob, welcome to The Forum.
Peg
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:42 PM »
HI YA PEG O0 O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy