Author Topic: Beeches Road School 1951-54  (Read 674 times)

Brum Walker

Beeches Road School 1951-54
« on: December 09, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »
Beeches Road 'Senior' School was  reopened in 1951, when the Civil Defence Authorities  made their exodus after WWll. There are not many of us pupils left from that initial year.

I have a photograph of the Prefects and House Captains and three members of staff.

Don't know if I should post it, as it's kind of personal to the people in it I guess.

Any way I was there then, and I am just coming up to 82. So anyone who knows me, just get in touch.

Regards
John

vamann

Re: Beeches Road School 1951-54
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:48:07 PM »
Before my time 1957 to 1960 but can honestly say the last year was the worst of my life.

Brum Walker

Re: Beeches Road School 1951-54
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
Hi Vamann,
Well I suppose not all our experiences can be the same. I loved every minute of my time there. Every day seemed to be sunny; although I know they couldn't have been; and it was always snowy at Christmas! I have no doubt some of my teachers were still there. Mr. Caldicott told me I was too much a gent to be a good footballer! Mr, Wyatt said I'd never be a woodworker as long as I had a hole under my nose! He was wrong! Mr Caldicott was probably right!  ;)

In '57, I was in Plymouth, having recently returned from 18 months in the Mediterranean; Malta to be exact. Heady days for me; Vauxhall Victors were new and very swish; wrap-around windscreens and pastel colours, and they went like treacle off a spoon!

Cheers
John  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy