Author Topic: The trial and execution of Oswald Augustus Grey 1962. Any living memories?  (Read 2932 times)

Scipio

Re: The trial and execution of Oswald Augustus Grey 1962. Any living memories?
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
Jonb

I see and understand your reasoning all I can say is I wish you good luck . I'm only sorry I wasn't able to help .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

shim

Hi Jon,
Do you know the name of the lawyer/solicitor who acted for Mr Grey?

Scipio

Hi Jon,
Do you know the name of the lawyer/solicitor who acted for Mr Grey?

Shim , Hello and welcome , according to Wikipedia his solicitor was a Mr F G Owen , it tells you quite a bit about the case on Wiki , I do hope this helps

S
Mark Twain

lmr3103

I've never heard of this case before despite us living in Mary Street until about 1966. I'm surprised my parents never mentioned it in later years.

Scipio

I've never heard of this case before despite us living in Mary Street until about 1966. I'm surprised my parents never mentioned it in later years.

Lmr As I've said on this thread I don't know much about this murder, although  I lived not very far from Lee Bank , I'm more genned up on  Wheeleys Rd Murder, as my brother in Law RIP
was interviewed as was all the males around by police .
Mark Twain

lmr3103

Considering he was executed I'm amazed we don't know more about it. Can there even be that many people in Birmingham that were hung/ hanged....never sure which is right.

Scipio

Considering he was executed I'm amazed we don't know more about it. Can there even be that many people in Birmingham that were hung/ hanged....never sure which is right.

Lmr if I've done my homework correct there were 38 hangings at Winson Green kicking off in 1885 and Oswald Augustus Grey being the last on 201162 I hope this is of interest
Mark Twain

lmr3103

Thanks for that information Scipio, I'm surprised there were so many.

Scipio

Thanks for that information Scipio, I'm surprised there were so many.

I dread to think what the characters were like in the 1800's when the hangings started .
Mark Twain

lmr3103

Scip, I've got a book called Birmingham, the Sinister Side, Edwardian and Victorian Crimes- the photos give you the creeps !!

Scipio

Scip, I've got a book called Birmingham, the Sinister Side, Edwardian and Victorian Crimes- the photos give you the creeps !!

Lmr I've got something similar
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy