Author Topic: Kidderminster workhouse  (Read 572 times)

Caroline M

Kidderminster workhouse
« on: November 04, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »
I've found out this week that my great great grandmother Celia Tyers MAY have died in a workhouse in or near Kidderminster. In the bits of paperwork that I have my moms aunt stated in her Will that she wished to be buried with Celia. There is a headstone for my moms aunt but no mention of Celia. So I have no idea if they are together in this one grave.
Does anyone know how I can find out if this is the case that she did die in a workhouse? I have sent off for her death certificate as this should I hope, show where she died.

Thank you. Caroline

Scipio

Re: Kidderminster workhouse
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 12:39:16 PM »
Hello Caroline M may I suggest you approach Birmingham Central Library as your first line of attack . Oh and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your time here .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Caroline M

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 01:46:38 PM »
Thanks Scipio. I will see what they say. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

Gwladmab

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »
Hello Caroline and welcome.

Just to add another suggestion. I did manage to find a great Aunts grave through Find a Grave.com and UK Burial Records. They gave me enough information for free to be able to find the grave location.

Scipio

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »
Caroline M I’ve just done a search Records of Kidderminster Workhouse loads of stuff there hope it helps you .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Clematis

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »
The Kidderminster Workhouse is attached to Kidderminster Hospital and there is a blueplaque there

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy