Author Topic: cb radio  (Read 467 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
cb radio
« on: May 18, 2022, 09:53:13 AM »
 iv been down to my friends farm and when i was there i could hear strange voices    what that dell you got the radio one n0 no no he said he told me what it was sounds interesting  i said  iv got a dead one he said you can have if you wish he gave me a few other bits and peace's  and i set about sorting it  all that was wrong was it had an internal fuse so thats sorted     how useful was that im now a cb er  ;D O0

what do other members think of cb and got any tips
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

Re: cb radio
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 09:58:21 AM »
Used too have one in my breakdown truck when I worked for a local breakdown Co. Very easy to use. Very convenient to keep in touch when miles away from your base.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

mw0njm

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »
19 a rig check

Gwladmab

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
I don’t know much about them Roy, I remember the CB Radio fad in ? late 70’s, I didn’t bother to follow the crowd.

I think they are useful, especially up in the mountains where phone signal is a problem. ‘The Hunt’ usually communicate via CB to let others know when a fox has been spotted. I probably wouldn’t be popular if I had one, I’d send the Hunt in the wrong direction to at least give the Fox a chance.

lmr3103

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 07:37:59 PM »
I didn’t know the ‘Hunt’ used such a thing. How despicable.
Yes I’d do the same GW!!!  >:(

Gwladmab

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 08:06:05 PM »
I didn’t know the ‘Hunt’ used such a thing. How despicable.
Yes I’d do the same GW!!!  >:(
A good true story about a fox. I’d just moved into my tumble down shack, 40 years ago, no job so mostly at home or looking for work. I’d heard about the ‘Hunt’. It was run by the local farms, no horses, just farmers on foot, with the occasional Land Rover.

One day I was doing some repairs on the hovel. The hounds came running through and past my place, the boy from Birmingham had never seen anything like this before! Anyway, the hounds passed by, yapping and yelping as they went.

A few minutes later, there was a clatter near by. It was the fox! The fox had gone to ground in the old barn. He obviously thought it safe now to make his escape. The noise was him, clambering over one of the half doors of the barn. The hounds had not picked up his scent as they passed by.

lmr3103

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 08:58:54 PM »
Great story and Good to hear about one that got away!!  :)

Charlie cheek

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 09:15:46 PM »
Aiding and abetting GW,  ::) , how on earth they have the nerve to call it a sport is beyond me.

Gwladmab

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 05:22:00 AM »
Aiding and abetting GW,  ::) , how on earth they have the nerve to call it a sport is beyond me.
Guilty as charged Cc, it was probably the same fox that came around dusk and took one of my hens. That’s gratitude for you......  ;D

frederick

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 10:36:02 AM »
Morning good buddie. My son had one on the handle bar of his push bike, just had a nose bag.     :)

A house I owned in Saundersfoot the hunt would go past with all their dogs. But now with everyone being a millionaire the hunt and dogs would be run over as it is now non stop traffic even in the middle of winter on a cold frosty day.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy