Author Topic: Scottish power  (Read 423 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Scottish power
« on: July 07, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »
what disgrace  this morning i phoned s/p about my bill im now paying £140 per month they have put my charge up from £100 to 140  i did not or do not owe them any money never have

so i got on the phone to them this morning to find out about the cheapest Tarff  after being on the phone for 50 minuets   i decided to press one for call back so i could get on and do other things well two hours later i got a phone call back    and it said your call will be answered has soon as possible 40 minuets later im still on the phone waiting to speak to some one

THEN THEY JUST HUNG UP ON ME
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Gwladmab

Re: Scottish power
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 03:36:46 PM »
what disgrace  this morning i phoned s/p about my bill im now paying £140 per month they have put my charge up from £100 to 140  i did not or do not owe them any money never have

so i got on the phone to them this morning to find out about the cheapest Tarff  after being on the phone for 50 minuets   i decided to press one for call back so i could get on and do other things well two hours later i got a phone call back    and it said your call will be answered has soon as possible 40 minuets later im still on the phone waiting to speak to some one

THEN THEY JUST HUNG UP ON ME
Roy, it seems that service to the customers has gone out of the window. My monthly charge with S/P was almost doubled about 3 months ago. No discussion, they just took the money out of the bank. I’ve never been behind with payments and always in credit. It was the way I was brought up, pay-up! It makes me wonder why I bother sending the meter reading to them.

I do think if many staff that worked in call centres are working from home these days and manly lack the direct supervision. Therefore productivity drops.

Spud

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 03:57:54 PM »
We are with Shell and have a smart meter not that we take much notice of it
Ours went up from £80 to £135 per month
They did makes a n offer whereby we could pay less during the Summer Months when our usage was at its lowest. In fact it wld have down to £72 per month during the Summer but it would mean that during the winter we would pay considerably more. I just did not fancy that and prefer to  have a regular monthly amount but it was an option
I believe that we must brace ourselves for yet another increase in October

Had I few words with Virgin Media yesterday they wanted to put My Internet / Telephone bundle up by almost 50% After a few choice words they came round to my way of thinking and reduced it by about £16 per month
The really annoying thing is they are offering new customers a similar package for £45 per virtually half of what they wanted me to pay
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 04:12:55 PM »
Different to Spud

What is the wicked witch of the North going to do for ARMY, NAVY and AIR FORCE if they separated from GB
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Gwladmab

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 04:15:33 PM »
Different to Spud

What is the wicked witch of the North going to do for ARMY, NAVY and AIR FORCE if they separated from GB
Probably charge a high price for parking our Submarines and Battle Ships....

frederick

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »
I am with Octopus I was paying £91.62 they they were putting it up £60 to £151.62 but also said I can reduce that figure if I want. I am £260 in credit now but like you Spud I will let it ride for now. Last bill electric £50 gas £10.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 05:39:37 PM »
I should think so FRED your never at home. But the meals and hotels are taking your money. My last electric was£87-55 and we where away for a week in TORQUAY

Spud

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 11:29:25 AM »
These Energy Suppliers are some of the worst people in the world deal with. I think the worst I have come across is SSE . They sent me a bill for £220 for the maintenance of our Central Heating all perfectly correct. I paid it by cheque immediately . Within 10 days I was receiving letters warning me that it was overdue I rang them and they had receive the cheque and it was being processed. For the next 3 weeks I received further letters even though by this time my bank account showed the cheque had cleared. I finally got a Red Letter threatening me with court action. I saw red  I went berserk over the phone in fact I felt sorry for the lady on the other end  but finally the letters did stop
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Charlie cheek

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 01:14:32 PM »
I wonder how many vulnerable people living on their own get confused and frightened by such actions and pay twice.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »
At 82 and classed as vunerable Charlie once payed they would  get no more pay like SPUD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy