Author Topic: the old school  (Read 16570 times)

Raygilliland

Re: the old school
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2017, 11:57:07 PM »
Hi Mickie, my old neighbour in the 1950's went to Moseley College. Her name was Brenda Ralphs but I lost touch with her soon after that

pbtay

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
I was at Mosley college about 1959/60..Loved the school, hated the piano teacher she put me off for life .Mrs Savigare was the headmistress

Moseleycollege

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
Hello! Just seen your question and have joined the Forum to reply. My sister and I both attended the prep school part of Moseley College in the 1950s. Boys were pupils until they were 8; after that it was all girls. Sylvester Savigear was the Headmaster and his three daughters attended the school, too.I remember a lot about the school, and somewhere in my house I have a set of photographs of the interior. it was a splendid Victorian house, and we really enjoyed playing in the gardens.

Moseleycollege

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
The three Savigear daughters were Flavia, the eldest, then Melinda (I think this is right, pretty sure it was not Melissa), and the youngest was Elfreda. Several decades ago, long after I left Birmingham, I saw Mrs Savigear and Flavia in a shop queue. They both looked exactly the same!

Scipio

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:56 PM »
You don't know the name of the new James Bond :o

You're havin' a larf!!!

He's never James Bond as long as he's got a hole in his lapel
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Christine Panting

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2021, 09:20:59 PM »
Hi Mickie - I went to Moseley College from 1959-61. Remember the Latin Teacher who was a Deaconess and the art classes taken outside in the beautiful gardens. I cried buckets when we got the letter that it was closing down - I went from there to Greenmore College but only for two terms as we moved house. They were my only happy school days at Moseley Colkege. still have my old school reports! Would love to hear from you!

Helen2306

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2022, 06:41:41 PM »
Hi I'm looking for further information about Mossely College,  as I have  a friend who went to the school in the 1940 and 1950 and who didn't  have a  wealthy family, but was  from a Millitary family.

She is looking for more info about the school and what happen to the School.

Thank you in advance.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy