Author Topic: MOSELEY  (Read 70929 times)

planetmalc

Re: MOSELEY
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:57 PM »
I was talking to my wife about Moseley Village today and she had never heard of the private Park . She lived just off the Moseley Rd and born at the Sorrento hospital, I showed it to her on google earth and was amazed. It used to be only locals had keys to the gates or access through their gardens . Does anyone know if that is still the case.

The normally-locked Moseley Park will be opened to the public this Sunday from 2pm - 5pm as part of the Heritage Open Day scheme.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »

The normally-locked Moseley Park will be opened to the public this Sunday from 2pm - 5pm as part of the Heritage Open Day scheme.

Membership to Moseley private Park is £40 per annum and a £7 deposit for an electronic key that gives access to the park at anytime. Membership is available at Moseley Ravel on Alcester Rd.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Milesfan

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »
Just to add to my earlier questions about Ken Miles of Queenswood Rd, he went to Bishops Vesey school in the 1920`s.

victor chatwin

« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
I had an aunt who lived in Woodbridge road, near the railway bridge, that was back in the 1960s, I also remember the fire at the dairy in Woodbridge road 1950s, going towards the city the Bus Garage. I also remember a very nice book shop, just down from Woodbridge Road on the opposite side of the Moseley road. Mom, God Bless Her used to work cleaner in a big house in Salisbury Road. I like the village, it had something nice about it. Those were the days, gone but never to be forgotten.

Sallie rutledge

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »
My husbands family used to own Shufflebottoms. The Arnold's. If any one has any information about the family it would be good to hear. I love the photo and will ask if any one is recognised.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »
Hi Sallie

Welcome to the forum, Here are a few more photos, two are of a fire at Hill Ouston Co next door to the shop in 1950, and the other looks like it was taken not long before the shop closed.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Sallie rutledge

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »
That's amazing thank you so much

victor chatwin

« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
Thank you for the photos, got the date nearly right but a bit wrong with the building. The park, cant say I went there but remember it. The village was nice, I bet its changed now. Used to catch the 48 bus from the Maypole to go to Cannon Hill Park, sometimes we would get off a Moseley village to visit my aunt in Woodbridge Road.

Sallie rutledge

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
Does anyone remember the Arnold's?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
Hi Sallie

I don't think we have anybody from Moseley posting regularly at the moment, but give it a day or two and some posters who have not been on for a while might answer.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
The access to Kings Heath Station was at the end of Kings Heath High St opposite the Station pub at the back of the Library & Police station.

I have marked it with a red X on this map in the top right hand corner. There is also a photo of the station just prior to its demolition.

phil

Did anyone see that they are planning to re-open the Kings Heath to Town route and put back stations including Moseley (although I bet it won't look as fabulous as the old one did).  There was a piece on the BBC yesterday with a like to a public consultation.

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/development/infrastructure/stations

There's details of the plans & a survey you can complete should you feel inclined.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy