Author Topic: MOSELEY  (Read 70928 times)

denise

Re: MOSELEY
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »
Yes Phil we did have a key.

We lived very close to the Chantry Road gate.

I have walked many times around the pool and now they have a folk festival every year in the park.This has attracted some top names to Moseley.

Do you remember Pentangle?if so you remember John Renbourne.

He is a wonderful guitar player.They played at the park.Jim knows him,along with a few other uni friends.We went to a surprise 5Oth party in oswestry
and john played.What a great night that was.

In younger days Jim played a lot of folk gigs.He can play quite a few instruments.

I digress.

I do have the exact Postcard of Chantry road.There are a couple of original gates still in chantry,not that one you can see in the pic though.I went to have a look and pinpoint where the photographer stood.

I could not do it though.

I will try and scan my collection for you to have a look at .

denise

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »
Also meant to say,if you look above the roof line of the houses you can see the spire of St Ann's church.This is in the next road Park Hill.

We used to have a lovely view of the church.At night it is lit up with spotlights.

It looks like a much more formal layout of the park in those days.

denise

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
St Ann's 1905  and our view a few years back.

denise

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
Poor quality,if you look close at the first one you will see iron railings.These are no longer there.

There is now a very nice lych gate at the main entrance.

Will try to do the card again later.

denise

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
Trying to get a link up to the folk festival in Moseley,not working  grrrrrrrrrr

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
denise

http://www.moseleyfolk.co.uk/

Is this what you are trying to put up. I bet all those people living down Sailsbury rd and Chantry Rd are happy Little campers when this is on.

I remember when,  if we were impudent enough to walk down Chantry Rd we were run off.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
My mother would often shout to kids

Go play down your own end. ;D

Thanks for the link Phil,I do feel a bit sorry for the neighbours,however most of the year they have a wonderful backdrop to their homes and all is calm.

So not too sorry. :)

tramp

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »
denise,

So you were one of that ''stuck up'' lot - what they used to call  - ''fur coat but no knickers'' ;D

denise

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
No Tramp...................we were what used to be called Kippers and curtains.

Always hung on to me knickers LOL

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
In opposition to my lifestyle at the time, I was never a big fan of Folk. Although I still hold fond memories of Dylan, Donovan, Anderson and others of that ilk. During the 60's I toured around England with my Hippy friends. but I think at heart I was a bit of a fake (like most). I was still a Rocker at heart.

At most festivals I would be back in my tent or whatever listening to the Big "O" or the Troggs or someone similar of course with a young lady of the Hippy culture at my side. Whiling away a few hours whilst somebody sang on stage about all the troubles and wrongs of the world and how the south west of England was a haven. I suppose that would be because they wanted to be in San Fransisco, but St Ives was as far west they could get and be home back at work by Monday.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 01:27:54 PM »
Yes .St Ives was the place to go. :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy