Author Topic: Evertonian Supporters  (Read 226871 times)

Norma

Evertonian Supporters
« on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:17 AM »

Hi Folks.

Have we got any Evertonians down in Brummie? Would love to know because I am one.

Heres to next season!!!!!!!!

Norma (The Toffee Lady)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Evertonian Supporters
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
Norma

Don't start them off about football or else they will still be going on about it next cup final day.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Norma

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

Hi Phil

I love a bit of light hearted banter.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)   Norma (The Toffee Lady)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
hi norma
                  welcome to the forum have a mint grab a seat make your self at home

has you know we have a few football teams in the midlands i will not name any it might start a war

so i think you might just get a bit of leg pulling  but it will only be in good fun us midlanders are a bit like the scourer's can see the funney side of most things   have fun roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Norma

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »

Hi Roy

Thanks for the welcome and the mint, if you can't have a bit of a laugh in this world, you might well as not be here.

Looking forward to a few laughs.

Norma (The Toffee Lady) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

tramp

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
Hello Again Norma,

I'd have expected a bit more of a fight from a Toffee, but then again ''they're easily licked'' aren't they - just ask Ian Rush....all Blues' favourite Red...especially in Cup Finals.....   

Well, that's a nice little start to the day......but tell us, have you got your sights set on an egg cup this year? 

As there aare two, maybe three more Evertonians, surely you must have all met up before!

I had an old mate who'd married a Bluenose, and being the usual gentle warm hearted tolerant Red, he was utterly flabbergasted when his new ma-in-law gave him a wedding pressie just as they were leaving the reception - a pair of blue pyjamas......talk about passion killers, he was mortified -  it was a quiet night!!

tramp

tramp

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »
Hello Again Norma,

I'd have expected a bit more of a fight from a Toffee, but then again ''they're easily licked'' aren't they - just ask Ian Rush....all Blues' favourite Red...especially in Cup Finals.....   

Well, that's a nice little start to the day......but tell us, have you got your sights set on an egg cup this year? 

As there are two, maybe three more Evertonians, surely you must have all met up before!

I had a mate who'd married a Bluenose, and being the usual gentle warm hearted tolerant Red, he was utterly flabbergasted when his new ma-in-law gave him a wedding pressie just as they were leaving the reception - a pair of blue pyjamas......talk about passion killers, he was mortified -  it was a quiet night!!

tramp

Norma

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 01:50:29 PM »

Hi Tramp

Nice to hear from you, we didn't do so bad knocking you off your perch in the cup final game did we?  And you were the favourites.

Never underestimate the underdogs.

All in good fun!!!!!!!!

Norma (The Toffee Lady)

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »
hi norma  football is a game that some will win and some will lose they may be top this year but who knows  next year its a game like yo yo and each year we think that this year we will be the top and for only one team will that be the case and each team has its die hard supporters and each of of them knows the game better than the managers  so they think and each will blame the manager most players do not give good value for money no one is worth millions to play a game
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

tramp

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
Hi Norma,

That was be kind to toffees day, you hadn't won for years and don't want you to give up completely = suffer a Rush of Red blood to the net  :2funny:

Seriously, the old days before any aggro between the clubs was unique, magical - I was living abroad, still am, when I saw the tv news of blue and red scarves streaming out of  cars on the M6/M1...can you ever imagine that in M/cr or north London - never - it was a great spirit, that still lives among some of us, so I'm glad to meet another in you O0.  

You probably know that ''your mob'' (you'll understand why I can't say that word - it's almost as bad as maggie T........) were originally a church team called St Domingue's (French).  That was the name of where I now live (from 1822 - 44) then it reverted to the Spanish version, Santo Domingo.  It's a fine place, oldest city, cathedral, fortress and hospital etc, in the New World...but they can't play football.........it's deadly in that respect - the last half decent game I went to here, was the Final of the Pan American Games in 2003, Brazil v Argentina.... O0

Norma

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »

Hi Tramp

I go to a club where there's Liverpudlians and Evertonians, some are a bit biased, but you get that, but there is no nastiness, and that's what it is all about, no one likes to lose but when you do, you appreciate the wins more.

And if one or the other won any cup etc., they all help to decorate the place, in the club's colours, and enjoy themselves.

That's what I call commaradie!!!!!

Norma (The Toffee Lady)

All in fun!!!!

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy