Author Topic: A.D.Wimbush & Son  (Read 42053 times)

wimbush yardley

Re: A.D.Wimbush & Son
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »
Hi Mike/
           I was working in the factory during the dates you mentioned and I must admit I never new of a factory shop but then we never needed one. Thanks Phil for another great photo.
                                                                       Regards Ken.
Do not judge a house by its appearance but by the warmth of the welcome.

wimbush yardley

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »
Hi/
    St.Bernards grange pub was that opposite manor house lane ?.does anyone remember if there was a cricket ground at the back of the pub I seem to recall going round there somwere to watch the wimbush cricket team Ithink it is round where paddock drive is now.
                                                                                       Regards Ken
Do not judge a house by its appearance but by the warmth of the welcome.

Forth

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »
Hi Ken
          Don't know if you're collecting info.on branches of A.D.Wwmbush but just in case you are and have not come across the following one.
          Was looking through Ted Rudge's web site for Winson Green and in the photograph section towards the end, there is a photo of branch on corner of Kirby Rd.and Bacchus Rd.Winson Green.

tim rose

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »
Hi you may be interested to know that I have in my possesion a Morris 8 z van used  for deliveries to Wimbush shops. It still has the name AD Wimbush & Sons little Green Lane Small Heath Birmingham Secretary E. j.o Davis on the bottom of the passenger door.  The reg No. is JVP 184 registered 1949. It was a specially built van for Wimbush. Its very original including most of the paintwork,green and black, hasnt been on the road since June 1965 (last tax disk) Sorry cant send photos as im new to this. Has anyone got anymore info or old photos please. NB we took photo of factory in 1991 . Thanks

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
Hello Tim

Welcome to our forum, come on lets see a the photos of the van and of the factory. I'm sure Ken is gagging to see them. In the meantime I'll see what other Wimbush related photos I can come up with.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JUNEBENTED

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
HELLO I WORKED AT WIMBUSHES AS A DRIVER FROM1958 1964. ANY OTHER DRIVERS ABOUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.  TED PORTER.

tim rose

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 08:38:21 AM »
Hello again  Its nice to hear from you Ted I bet you could tell some stories, its possible you did see the van, for some reason I cant send photos unless I could post them to someone. Tim

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »
Hi Ted

Welcome to our forum, have you got any photos you can share with us?. I know Ken would like to see any that you may have.

Ken

I've been sorting through my photo collection for Wimbush Shops. I have come up with these so far. Its a lengthy process because I have them filed by names of streets and not shop names.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »
Ken

Here are a few more.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 11:12:10 AM »
One more at the junction of Great Lister St and Cromwell St Nechells . I bet Jaykay was in this shop all the time. I never used any of them myself as I am not a cake eater and I loathe fresh cream.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tim rose

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »
I took this photo in 1990,when we tried to trace the history of the van.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy