Author Topic: loveday street maternity hospital  (Read 99759 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: loveday street maternity hospital
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2021, 11:09:02 PM »
Hi Phillysue    welcome to the forum im a loveday street kid  a war baby      enjoy im sure you 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

GardenGerald

« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
Hello.
I've just joined and found this thread.  I was born in Loveday Street Hospital on July 23rd 1950. I lived in a house at Church Street Moseley until I was nearly 9, then moved to Wiltshire.  I now live in South Wales.
I was never told my mother had a difficult birth with me, maybe it was just never talked about. Both my siblings were born at home. My maternal grandmother outlived my mother, both were born in Birmingham.
Philippa née Dobbins

What county in South Wales do you live in.
Best wishes
Gerald.

Phillysue

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2021, 11:01:44 PM »
Hi Gerald,
I live in Cwmbran in Torfaen
Philippa

SUSAN H

« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2021, 06:23:14 PM »
I was born in Loveday Street Maternity Hospital 1959. I’ve lived in Birmingham all my life and never been abroad on Holiday. I love being a Brummie😊

Scipio

« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »
I was born in Loveday Street Maternity Hospital 1959. I’ve lived in Birmingham all my life and never been abroad on Holiday. I love being a Brummie😊

SusanH  Welcome to the forum I don't think anyone on here would argue about their love for Birmingham and being a Brummie , it just seems sad the way it's pulled from pillar to post over the years . My first holiday as a lad was to Hereford with the WVS  when I was about 9

S
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

nicolette

« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2021, 06:09:58 PM »
Hello all. I too was a Loveday Street baby. I didn't realise it was for complicated cases, but as other have said, it explains a lot! Haha. I was born in October 63. My Mum was very young at 17 and had a complicated medical history, so I guess that's the reason. I hadn't realised either, till I saw the maps, how very central the hospital was....I worked on Newhall Street for years, around the Courts and didn't have an inkling how much I was in my original stomping ground. Amazing! Thanks so much for setting up this thread...and special thanks to all the the map and photo posters. Fascinating ... and lovely to find out I'm classed as a true Brummie too!

Vicki

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »
I also was a Loveday Baby born November 1955.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2021, 04:16:14 PM »
hi vicki welcome to the forum
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Caroline M

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2021, 08:52:45 AM »
Hi
I came across my Baby Clinic card for Loveday Street this week and mine is Tuesday 9am. I was born December 1957. I've scribbled over the front cover when my mom wasn't looking!! Ha Ha ;D
I was 5 weeks early so arrived in the wrong month and year!! (You always get one don't you). I weighed in at just over 3lbs 3ozs dropping to just over 3lbs 4 ozs on Christmas Day. But I survived all to the great care my mom had. Mum wasn't allowed out of hospital until the 26th January, so she missed her best friends wedding in December 1957 plus Christmas and the New year and also my late fathers birthday in January.

Scipio

« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2021, 07:21:15 PM »
Caroline M I note the drop in your weight was that to make way for your Christmas dinner ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

lmr3103

« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »
Hello Caroline I’ve got my baby clinic card too, and yes I scribbled over mine too! I was a whopping 6lb 1 oz compared to you! I was born in the Sorrento, we’re special apparently, ha! And me and Mom were in for 6 weeks afterwards - I was a breech birth-ouch!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy