Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283684 times)

Hobson36

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #880 on: March 30, 2021, 01:53:19 AM »
Thank you, very helpful.

tazanita

« Reply #881 on: June 30, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
I am looking to find out more about The Railway Tavern in Sparkbrook on Kyrwicks Lane which was run by a relative,  Percival Barton - a former England football player.
Would love to know more about him and of any relatives who may still be around. He passed away in 1961 I believe. would love to see any photos of the him, pub he run and hear from anybody who might have relatives or information about him

Beekeeper

« Reply #882 on: July 04, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
Hi just discovered my Dad Tom Duggan worked as an apprentice welder for  R D Davis in smallheath around 1952 -1954. Any information/pictures appreciated  :)

Bannerite

« Reply #883 on: August 22, 2021, 06:55:43 AM »
Info sought about about Ernest Banner (b. 1858, resident of Birmingham till migration to Australia 1891). Mayor of Alexandria, NSW 1896-1901. Died 1914, Sydney, Australia). Worked in NSW Government Railway Workshops, Eveleigh, Sydney. Previous experience railway carriage maker, Birmingham. Family members lived in Freeman Road. Wife: Martha Furber 1834-1922.

MALCOLM G

« Reply #884 on: September 03, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »
HI IAM TRYING TO ANYONE THAT LIVED IN KEMBLE TOWER CASTLE VALE IN THE 80`s

Alberta

« Reply #885 on: September 04, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »
Info for Bannerite.

Ernest Banner born 1858 kingswood , Wolverhampton , staffordshire

Parents
Benjamin Banner b 1833, Snead Green Worcs, and Martha Furber b 1833 Pattingham who married 5th April 1858  St chads, Staffs

1871 Bridge row , Saltley,Aston, Birmingham.

Benjamin Banner age 37  b Snead green, Wagon Builder
Martha age 37 b Pattingham
Ernest 12 b Kingswood staffs
Sarah 10 b kingswood
Arthur 8 b Aston
Charlotte 6
Thomas 5
Martha 2
Louisa 1

Ernest Banner married Sarah Brookes in Sept qtr 1883 and they sailed to Australia on The Rialto arriving 14th December 1883.

Cornishlad

« Reply #886 on: September 18, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
Anyone looking to trace lost family members please use this thread.
I am trying to find some information relating to my grandmother, Nellie Beatrice Stringer who lived 1 Back 22 Gt Colmore Street around 1930. I have no date of birth for her, but that was when my Dad was born and was later adopted elsewhere. 😢

Ray Taylor

« Reply #887 on: September 19, 2021, 09:48:40 AM »
Good morning everyone.
I have traced my family to living in 87 Clarence Rd, Spark Brook, Birmingham. There name was Hopkins. Does anyone have any info or pictures relating to this road in the 1920 & 30s that help us ?
Also, out G.Mother (Jane) was cremated and place in a Memory Wall at a local church in 1945. Has anyone got any ideas on where this may be - the name - website -  or any photos/info on the church or site ?
Thank you very much for reading this request.
Ray Taylor

Spud

« Reply #888 on: September 19, 2021, 10:24:12 AM »
I can't really help you that much  Clarence Road which you refer to is in Sparkhill. As for the name Hopkins when I was a kid we lived next door to a Mrs Hopkins this would be in Percy Rd just a stones throw from Clarence Rd. She had relatives in Clarence Rd under the name of Driscoll it could be a sister/ brother in law.
Seeing your name could I ask you about your back ground I rather not give out my reasons for asking on an open Forum  but I have relatives named Taylor.

Just come back to me the lady who lived at 256 Percy Rd was named Lil Hopkins a widow and ran a shop in Percy before the war she was quite deaf
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Snooks

« Reply #889 on: September 20, 2021, 04:46:31 PM »
[I am trying to find some information relating to my grandmother, Nellie Beatrice Stringer who lived 1 Back 22 Gt Colmore Street around 1930. I have no date of birth for her, but that was when my Dad was born and was later adopted elsewhere. ]
I went to school with a Diane Stringer... it's not a common name. She went to George Dixon Primary School and Grammar School in City Road. Don't know if it's any help or not. her cousin's name was Rosemary Allison . That maybe worth a bit of a search...
Onwards and upwards!

Snooks

« Reply #890 on: September 20, 2021, 04:47:24 PM »
[I am trying to find some information relating to my grandmother, Nellie Beatrice Stringer who lived 1 Back 22 Gt Colmore Street around 1930. I have no date of birth for her, but that was when my Dad was born and was later adopted elsewhere."

I went to school with a Diane Stringer... it's not a common name. She went to George Dixon Primary School and Grammar School in City Road. Don't know if it's any help or not. Her cousin's name was Rosemary Allison . That maybe worth a bit of a search...
Onwards and upwards!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy