Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283695 times)

DawesMLT

Dawes Cycles Ex- Employees
« Reply #891 on: December 26, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
Good evening from Malta

Re: Dawes Cyles employees 1962 to 1966

My dad used to work for Dawes Cycles in B'Gham. He is 78.  He had a work mate named Wilson (not sure if it was a name or a surname). They used to call him Bill and lived or worked in Balsall Heath. I believe he possibly owned an Anglia car back then.  He would be around 80 years now.

My dad lost touch with this gentleman. Any help in locating him is appreciated.

Thank you

Nell1i

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #892 on: February 12, 2022, 03:12:14 PM »
Looking for any information on Wilkie Houghton.  Passed away in 2004 I believe. 

Meinir Jenkins

« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2022, 10:45:07 PM »
I am a family researcher and I'm searching for a person that worked at Highcroft Hospital, Erdington around 1968, and lived at the nurses home Highcroft. I would be very interested in hearing from any other staff working at Highcroft in the same era.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #894 on: May 28, 2022, 12:13:12 PM »
use this thread to find old friends and family
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

PaulPhillips1966

« Reply #895 on: July 03, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and hopefully this goes better than the last forum that I tried to post!  I am researching my family history and I have a DNA match around 200cm with a lady with the surname of "Burrows".  Her father was Reginald Burrows and her mother was Sheila Burrows (nee Crees).  Reginald was 17 years old and Sheila was 16 at the time of marriage and Reginald's address was listed as 121 Park Road, Hockley, Birmingham, England.  I'm trying to expand this portion of the tree to hopefully intersect with other DNA matches in other trees, so the question for the forum is as follows:

Does anyone remember, have any information, or any pictures on the occupants of 121 Park Road in the mid 1950s to mid 1960s?  Using the electoral registry information, the occupants were likely:

Edith Burrows (Reginald's mother), Arthur Edward Burrows (Reginald's older brother), Barbara Burrows (Reginald's sister who later lived at 121 Park Road with her husband Samuel Everett), Ronald Burrows (Reginald's brother). James Watson (Reginald's future Step-Dad)

Barbara Everett (Reginald's sister), Samuel Everett (Barbara's husband), Denise and Tracey Everett (possibly twins), and Sharon Everett.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Kirstyfloyd

« Reply #896 on: September 14, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
Cowpers street primary 1956 class photo with Mrs cope i am trying to identify the little girl bottom right second in from the end i believe it is my grandmother Pauline Floyd but can't be 100% sure can anybody help me
 TIA

[email protected]

« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2023, 01:32:30 AM »
I knew Martin woodcock from coleshill

Elisabeth

« Reply #898 on: August 27, 2023, 05:47:44 PM »

I’m looking for information about a plant nursery in the 1950s-1960s poss near Yardley Wood or Prince of Wales Lane. Run by Joan and Ruth - maiden name MACE. Any other information about the Mace family welcome too.

Thanks

lmr3103

« Reply #899 on: August 27, 2023, 06:34:45 PM »
Hello Elisabeth, welcome to the Forum. I hope someone reading your post will have some information for you  :)

CWBath

« Reply #900 on: October 12, 2023, 08:35:45 PM »
It has been a decade since you posted on this site asking for information about Jack Woolf the bookie from Birmingham and I’ve only just seen it. I’ve just found out I’m also related to him and want to find out what I can. If by any chance you see this message please email me on catherine_wilsonatlive.com. Thank you

Spud

« Reply #901 on: October 13, 2023, 12:38:03 PM »
Cath lovely to have you on our Forum just be careful when showing your Email address you may get some unwanted E mails
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy