Author Topic: what school did you go to  (Read 166455 times)

Jacqueline

Re: what school did you go to
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »
Roy, I was so bullied at school. Junior i was picked on and often beaten up because my clothes were too good and considered posh. :(

Senior school was all girls and it did not get much better. I was a bit of a shrinking violet. Things changed once i left. Confidence grew and i found a new life. :)

I feel so sorry to those bullied but at least they do something about it these days.

chas35

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »
I'm afraid I don't think I gained that much from school, if you were not in the top few you got forgotten, they seemed to encourage the clever ones and leave the others behind.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »
HI Jacky
              this might sound odd but its made you a better person because you have been on the receiving end of it and you understand what it does to kids and adults and how they feel roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

sandrac

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »
 :)  went to court farm junior and infants
absoloutely loved it we got sent to heads office to get a stick on star and a pick out of her sweet tin for finishing our janet and john books.
mr hill, mr mortiboys and mr sinclair instilled discipline and manners
passed 11 plus and went to erdington grammar  hated every minute  no boys !!

tramp

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »
looking back on your time at school was it good or did you feel better after you left

Roy,

Schools made possible all that has followed them.....I enjoyed them & have enjoyed the great majority of that which as followed them, like today.

tramp

nickcc

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
Dorrington road then Beeches road followed by Handsworth Tech.  Hated Beeches road due to bullying by Headmaster, glad to leave.
Nick

Helston Cornwall

gibson

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »
I went to Eliot Street, Secondary Modern School, Nechells, From 1943 until 1953, a great school, best years of my life   ;)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 01:46:28 PM »
hi all members   can you tell us about your school what you did what you found to be the best and the things you did not like

i loved my school dinners

i hated sports still had to go on the field and play stood there freezing my socks off

tramp

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 02:58:39 AM »
There was nothing I really disliked at school apart from two things: 1. the cane, though it was never as bad as you thought it might be, and 2.having to go to that house afterward!

Frankly, I used to wish that school was 300+ days a year as I couldn't get enough of the free dinners O0

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 09:11:03 AM »

when i left hope street school i went to st patricks  in the six weeks summer holidays upper highgat school was open for school dinners   and each day you could get your school dinner only if you had free school dinners on Friday they would give you five tickets with the letter f on the ticket

its only now when you think about it how poor us kids must have been

chas35

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Bless you Tramp.

I used to like the dinners too, especially the puds.
loved country dancing, sports, PE. all the physical lessons.  I especially liked being in the school plays.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy