Author Topic: Moor End Lane School Erdington  (Read 53200 times)

tom558

Re: Moor End Lane School Erdington
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
Hey Tom , it wasnt the Palace was it

Mogmeister
:) No,it was the ABC New Street,in Birmingham,was there for five years until I fell out with a new manager that had started :-[         Dennis Thomas...

pigbin

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
Are there any old pupils from moor end lane school that lived  in kentmere tower on the lyndhurst estate
in the sixties

CC

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
I was born in 1944 and lived in Ayre Road. I must have gone to Moor End Lane in 1949, the infants school. Does anyone remember the school being in 2 parts, the Seniors next door (Holly Lane end) and the infants/junior part being closed around 53/54.

CC

Mogmeister

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:02 PM »
CC
No i didnt get there til about 1960 .

Boz

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
I was born in 1944 and lived in Ayre Road. I must have gone to Moor End Lane in 1949, the infants school. Does anyone remember the school being in 2 parts, the Seniors next door (Holly Lane end) and the infants/junior part being closed around 53/54.

CC

Yeah, the school was divided into two parts when I was there until I left in 1951. Enjoyed most of my school days there and the teachers wer in the main a good bunch, although Mr Marchbanks wasn't popular.

grahame

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
Hello there, I attended Moor End and left in 1954 to work at Dunlop.........can that be the same Mr. Moore that also taught me chemistry ???   The head was Mr Taylor  and there was a Mr Bradbury also....nice old school ! I was upset to see it levelled during one of my visits back to the UK.   Grahame

Boz

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
Hello there, I attended Moor End and left in 1954 to work at Dunlop.........can that be the same Mr. Moore that also taught me chemistry ???   The head was Mr Taylor  and there was a Mr Bradbury also....nice old school ! I was upset to see it levelled during one of my visits back to the UK.   Grahame

Hi Grahame,

Yes I think it's the same Mr Moore, as I remember him teaching Chemistry. Certainly Mr Taylor was head and Mr Bradbury the rather stern teacher in the last year before I left.

Sad to know it's no longer there, but haven't been in the area for a long time.

Mogmeister

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
Yep
The same Mr Moore a fantastic teacher .

grahame

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
There was also a Mr Hardy..rather short and very stern...Marchbanks ...I wonder if that's the same guy from Osborne Road School ?  he was'nt liked there either.     Does anyone remenber or know of Roy Leyton ? or  Ian Smith or maybe  Paul Garvy ,  this brings back memories. cheers  Grahame

Mogmeister

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
My master was Mr Hector , also a short man , i remember the name Paul Garvy but cant put a face to the name .

grahame

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
I wonder if any of us would like to create a network of students from Moor End ?  be nice to be in touch with my old class mates.    Grahame

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy