Author Topic: Bull Ring Photos  (Read 175528 times)

peter brummy

Re: Bull Ring Photos
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »
Tramp - yea, they knocked it down? I heard it was used for Spagetti Junction and scattered along the Aston Expressway as infill [censored]. Don't know how true it is. Shame!

Phil47 - Yea your're right, the old Bull Ring had more open spaces than this present one. I still prefer the first one, it's buildings and streets had more charactor.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »
A few more images from the concrete 60's. These images are of the Bull Ring and surrounding area.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
It'll never be the same without cobblestones, barrow boys and the fish market O0

That's how I'll always remember the Bull Ring.... O0

pickard.r

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
Great pics that bring back so many memories O0
I,ve mentioned on a previous post about the Pathe News Web Site & have just found this link
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=43295
I don,t think it,s been posted before, but if it has many apologies.

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

johnbird

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 10:57:18 AM »
Who got it from E-bay no doubt!
As this image is Copyrighted could you please remove it.
Growing old is compulsory, Growing up is not!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »
hi j/b
          the post has been removed at your request i understand its copyright and its ageist the forum rules to put up copyright with out the owners permission roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

peter brummy

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
Terribly sorry johnbird. I thought it was out of Copyright because it was only a coloured in photo of an original one I saw before and it's 63 years old?

It was given to me by a mate. Tut tut .... I must smack his knuckles for him.

I have looked on ebay, as you mentioned it was on there. I could swear I've seen the other one you're selling of the ( Innercircle 8 turning the corner ) in black and white before, on the net?

Question 1 - Does it make it your Copyright because you coloured it in? Because altering a picture in itself surely infringes the original Copyright?

Question 2 - I guess the shot was taken using a celluloid film, as at the time there wasn't any other format, there isn't a Copyright if the original negative isn't produced - The negative is the Copyright.

Anyone can claim Copyright if they have the original neg and not an inter-neg copy? Do you retain the original negatives?

If not, how can you claim Copyright? Just asking?   

I will try to dig it out the one of the innercircle 8?

Are you getting many orders?

johnbird

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »
Question 1 - Does it make it your Copyright because you coloured it in? Because altering a picture in itself surely infringes the original Copyright?[/size]
This is the Grey Area, I have to have permission from the Original copyright holder to sell my work (Hence only 2 so Far), in the case of the Bull Ring picture the Family of Norman Stone (his brother and his widow) this then becomes joint copyright, as for the Heaton Street picture copyright is Joint mine and the Transport Museum Wythall.this also means that the picture can't be reproduced by the other holders with out my permission.
Question 2 - I guess the shot was taken using a celluloid film, as at the time there wasn't any other format, there isn't a Copyright if the original negative isn't produced - The negative is the Copyright. [/size]
True in the case of both I have scanned in the Negs and as stated have permission from both parties.

Anyone can claim Copyright if they have the original neg and not an inter-neg copy? Do you retain the original negatives?[/size]

[/size]
Both of the pictures can be verified with the Negative holders and as the artist (Digital not [censored]!) I hold permission from them.

If not, how can you claim Copyright? Just asking?   [/size]
See above.

I will try to dig it out the one of the innercircle 8?

Are you getting many orders?[/size]

[/size]
I am picking up lots of commission work of transport and some of people,Views Etc but the posters are a long way off showing any profit......perhaps I'll have to wait to retire to Barbados!!![/size] ;D

johnbird

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
hi j/b
          the post has been removed at your request i understand its copyright and its ageist the forum rules to put up copyright with out the owners permission roy
Many thanks Roy, the above should explain my request.

peter brummy

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
Thanks johnbird, for a fair explanation. Others might have been annoyed at the questions and got a little miffed but I thought they were fair points and you answered them well.

I have to say they are impressive. From a black and white photo you have made them realistic looking and have done a really good job. I think they are a fair price considering the amount of work you put in and hope you do very well.

Are they sharp images or do they loose quality as they are enlarged? If they enlarge well then I will take the ' Bull Ring ' off you and if that's ok, the other one.

Help you get that little bit nearer to Caribbean island of Barbados. Sounds nice!

johnbird

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
As stated the Prints come as an A3 with a border for framing.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy