Author Topic: photo's  (Read 7702 times)

john nicholson

photo's
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:03:39 AM »
does anyone have photo's of tower rd, potter's hill. or thomas st.and upper thomas st

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: photo's
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »
does anyone have photo's of tower rd, potter's hill. or thomas st.and upper thomas st

Hi John

Welcome to our forum, I have a few photos that you might like. These first three are of Upper Thomas St and look like they date frrom the 60's. I will post some others later.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »
John

A couple more more, Lower Tower St & Potters Hill. I have more I will look them out.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ah-1986

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »
Great photos!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
Hi ah-1986,

Welcome to the forum, glad you like the photos we do our best to please on here.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

keeley carr

Request for photos
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:10:35 AM »
Hello,

My name is keeley and I'm am trying to do a family tree.  I live in Australia and I am very interested in seeing photos of streets in Balsall Heath - Sherbourne Road & Barford Street.  Also Chinnbrook Road, which I understand is in Yardley.  I would really appreciate any advice regarding how I could see some old photos of these areas.  With thanks, keeley.

I really enjoyed looking at the photos you have posted on here.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »
Hi Keeley

Welcome to the Forum, I think your best chance of obtaining the photos that you want is by contacting Birmingham Central Library who have a massive collection of photos of bygone Birmingham on file,

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/libraries

For a small fee a researcher will look out the photos that you want and email them on to you.

In the meantime I will have a look and see what I can do for you.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

keeley carr

Thank you phil
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »
Thank you Phil, i will contact the library and ask for some help.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
Hi again Keeley

In the meantime I have found these few photos, that might be of some interest to you. One is of a back court in Sherbourne Rd, and the other is the Lion public house on the corner of Sherbourne Rd and Longmore St.

I have not had much luck with Chinnbrook Rd, but I will keep looking. I will post some photos of Barford St in my next post.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »
Hi Keeley

Some photos of Barford St, one of the street in 1905, another of Court 5 (another back court) and one of the Lamp Tavern a very small public house at the end of Barford st near to Gooch St, which I think is probably the only original building left in the street.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »
Keeley

To finish off with one more photo that says that it is Barford St, but I'm not too sure of it. Perhaps someone who lived down that way before it all changed may be able to authenticate it.

Also I'm including an old plan of one of the back courts that was built in the street at the start of the last century.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy