Author Topic: Back to backs Part 2 - William St Lozells  (Read 44728 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Back to backs Part 2 - William St Lozells
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:55 PM »
Hi Lance

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure of you keep an eye on the forum someone who remembers you will pop up.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

madeline jenkins

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2017, 09:58:45 AM »
I am Lisa Edmonds sister
I am Madeline Jenkins (formerly Sambrook) and I remember Lisa Edmunds she was my friend at Alma Street School.  We lived in Lennox Street at 7/57 and my nan lived in Kensington Street near the gulley that took you up to Alma Street school.  There are some fantastic photographs on these posts and its good to see these forums are alive and kicking.

lance55

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 11:39:25 PM »
Hi all,I remember the the Edmond family well, a memory that comes to mind is on some Saturday mornings Mrs Edmonds would invite the kids from our courtyard block in to watch tv (i think it was Andy Pandy) happy days.

Lisa W

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »
Hello, I can see this is an old thread. I have just seen it after starting to look into my family history. Does anyone remember the Purslow family who lived at 23. Charlie and Elsie (My Great Grandparents). Charlie worked for Dunlop and spent some years in New Zealand. Eric. My grandad, and sisters Betty and Norma? Thank you

Stuart McC

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »
Hi Just noticed your post, my Great grand father lived at 6 back 106 William Street Birmingham I presume up to his death in December 1949. I know its a long shot but did anyone come up with any photos.

astoness

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »
Hi Just noticed your post, my Great grand father lived at 6 back 106 William Street Birmingham I presume up to his death in December 1949. I know its a long shot but did anyone come up with any photos.

stuart have you read this thread from the beginning? as there are loads of photos of william street that has been posted...i take it you do mean the william st in lozells as there was more than one in birmingham

lyn

Stuart McC

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2019, 11:02:23 AM »
Hi I have a death certificate for my Great grandfather with the address of 6 back 106 William St Birmingham 19 U.D. Would this be Lozells?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »
Stuart

Birmingham 19 is definitely the William Street in Lozells, here is a map showing the location of 6/106 William Street or No 6 14 Court William Street as it was also known. I have marked number 6 with a red cross.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Stuart McC

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
Many thanks Phil.

Mike1972

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2020, 12:21:34 AM »
Hi my name is Mike and I have an ancestor of mine who lived in 23 count or Court house in William Street in Lozells.
My Great Grandad was John Jackson and his sister was Florence Jackson and my Great Great Grandmother was Annie Jackson who was married to Aquila Jackson he died in 1929
Just wondered if there are any photos of 23 Count or Court House and if anyone remembers anything about them

Laura J

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »
Hello, I have just stumbled across this wonderful group as I have started to research my family tree in lockdown. My grandma’s family lived at 85 William Street, Lozells from about 1920 until 1928 when they moved to Nottingham. I don’t know the area/street at all sadly, so can’t comment on any landmarks, etc. Your brilliant photos show a street scene starting at 87, so I now have a good idea, thank you. I know this thread is from ages ago, but has anyone discovered anything in the interim time which may help me please? Thank you, Laura.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy