Author Topic: Back to backs Part 2 - William St Lozells  (Read 44739 times)

Ian Dalziel

Re: Back to backs Part 2 - William St Lozells
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2021, 05:01:14 PM »
Hi Laura, Phil was our sage but unfortunately he died last year. However, our members are very helpful and if they are able to assist you, then they will.

Good luck.
Let's make the best out of a bad situation.

Laura J

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2021, 08:33:10 PM »
Thank you for replying so quickly Ian. I am really sorry to read about Phil, his posts were great and I am sure he is much missed.
Once I am a bit further along with my research, I will certainly be in touch with the group again. Best wishes, Laura.

Jan H

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2021, 08:38:03 PM »
Hi Everyone

I know no one has posted on this topic in a while, however I am am new to the forum and have thoroughly enjoyed going through the discussions and photos on this topic. My Great Gran and Great Grandad were living at 24 William Street according to the 1911 Census There names were John and Catherine Hodgkins They are listed as having 5 daughters at that address and a Boarder Jane Peel. My Gran Edith Hodgkin's (Dads, Mom)was 6 years old and had an older sister Florence at that time. Can someone explain if 24 was a house if so how many bedrooms? sorry for seeming a bit stupid I am new to this forum stuff :idiot2:

The family had moved to New Summer Street by 1939. I never had the opportunity to meet my Gran as she died at aged 46, six years before I was born. I am attempting to do my family tree and I am finding my Dads side of the family difficult to place and trace as sadly he also passed away over 20 years ago.

Scipio

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2021, 10:02:33 PM »
Hello Jan H I'll ask Mike when he's on next to see if he can help you with this
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

mikejee

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2021, 10:58:27 PM »
Below is a map showing no 24 in blue, It can be seen that it is not a back to back, but a terraced house with an extended back. Assuming that it was 2 storey, then, at a guess  it might have 4 bedrooms. Possibly others who know the houses around there might make a better guess

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy