Author Topic: Brooklyn Tech .  (Read 14133 times)

cocacolakid

Re: Brooklyn Tech .
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Hi Malc. thanks for your quick reply.
Is the college still a technical college for trade students or has it changed into yet another IT college. Thats what has happened over in Aussie. I don,t remember your shop although I remember a small block of shops and the newsagent in particular. I also remember the Drakes Drum pub. That,s where I learned to drink lager and lime.Those were the days. It,s great talking to you about the college,
yours   Rod Brigham
Hi Rod..
To be honest, I don,t know exactly what the college teaches, these days. I live in Worcestershire these days and have not been in the area for years.   My shop was on the corner of the block.

Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Monty

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »
Went on a 6 month fulltime TOPS course there in the mid 80s - got all my secretarial qualifications there.

planetmalc

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »
Went on a 6 month fulltime TOPS course there in the mid 80s - got all my secretarial qualifications there.

I had loads of TOPS (and YOPS) students come to work for me; took some of them on and sometimes wonder what happened to the others.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

doug ricketts

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:18 PM »
remember the college being built in the early 50's, used go in to explore, one day after a cricket match, we were in charge of the all the kit, we went in got chased by the watchman and abandoned the kit. Got it back  after a right telling off by the watchman .Attended in a proper capacity 1957-1961 doing HNC engineering as an apprentice from the Birlec on Tyburn road.

Sheilah

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
Hi, my name is Rob Douglas DOB 17/08/1966 and I attended Brooklyn college in the mid 80's. I was taught by all the teachers mentioned in the earlier post a while ago. [/size]I'm trying to get replacement certificates from city and guilds but they can't help me unless I tell them what the old center number was for Brooklyn technical college. If unlike me you were careful enough not to lose your cgli certificates it would say the college name and number on them. I know it's a long shot but maybe someone could help. I desperately need to find the old Brooklyn college center details as I've been accepted at university this September 2014 and I will have to produce my certificates on Enrollment. The college is now James watt campus and they are completely useless; they have no archives. So if you could help or have any other info about the college as it was then I'd be grateful. Thanks. P.s You can also find me on facebook if you know of anyone else who may be able to help  :-\

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
Have you tried contacting the City & Guilds people direct,

http://www.cityandguilds.com/career-ideas/help-for-learners/replacement-certificates

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

normansil

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
I was one of the first students to attend the language laboratory where I studied German in 1963-64. At the time I worked for International Nickel Company and a few of us were sort of volunteered to help the college get the lab up and running. I have open by my computer the prize I was awarded for my efforts. This thread has stirred happy memories.
Beorma - founder of Birmingham

planetmalc

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
I was one of the first students to attend the language laboratory where I studied German in 1963-64. At the time I worked for International Nickel Company

Did you work with a guy named Phil Waterhouse?

normansil

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
I am sorry but I am not very good at names. If I knew what he did I am more likely to remember that.

planetmalc

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
I am sorry but I am not very good at names. If I knew what he did I am more likely to remember that.

He was a lab worker; at that time he'd have just left school.

normansil

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
I was a senior and worked initially in the chemical analysis section. Later I ran a small development lab investigating Ni/Cd batteries and fuel cells.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy