Author Topic: Family history research  (Read 5172 times)

stormswift

Re: Family history research
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
Wow a wealth of pictures thank you very much.

As to Christchurch, thanks to Bernies link, I can see that was Baptist. Charles was Coe so I'll have to look again. There are a couple of likely starting points. St Matthews on Gt Lister street seems to be amidst most of the addresses with the earliest address, Weaman Street, possibly falling into St Mary's catchment. The latter sited on Whittall Street until it was demolished in 1926

Ray Gumbley

Re: Family history research
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 03:39:02 PM »
Hi Steve, I'm not sure if you are still on this forum but I used to live I think at the first house on Back A back houses on Witton road. i'm not sure of the number but there were i believe four houses at the front and four at the back and we lived at the first house as you went down the alley. an older lady lived on her own in the next door house. it was round 63 /64. you entered the shared yard by an arch in the side wall where there were also a block of eight toilets, one for each house. I'm sure we are talking about the same place. Next to the houses, and over the wall to the right of the four houses was a factory. Ray 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy