Author Topic: Owen Street-- Bath Row  (Read 24372 times)

Scipio

Re: Owen Street-- Bath Row
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 07:17:23 PM »
Hi all I’ve been going through this forum and seeing the old photos of Owens street and my Grandad used to live at no:44 Owens street. He can remember the Perry’s and the Deaf couple, and how the street used to have bonfires out in the street. If anyone remembers the Parrack family (Irene, Peter...children Peter, Rita and Sylvia.
It would be lovely to hear about his neighbours and everything they all got upto.

Welcome Ashleigh , although I lived in William St off Granville St , I used to court a young lady on Bath Row and knew of Owen St alas that is as far as I can go .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Pompomboots

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2021, 04:31:38 AM »
My nan and grandad lived in Owen st with my dad and uncle their name was Hart, anyone know the Hart family or Deeley family??

Scipio

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2021, 07:26:38 PM »
Pompom I knew Owen St very well but alas I didn't know any names from there , I was more the side leading to Broad St
Mark Twain

brumgal22

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2022, 08:36:45 PM »
Ive been looking for info on residents of Owen street. Can anyone help with info on the deaf couple and their family? also of the Byrnes? Mallons? lived near nos 12-18 part of the street.

Scipio

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2022, 08:46:26 PM »
Ive been looking for info on residents of Owen street. Can anyone help with info on the deaf couple and their family? also of the Byrnes? Mallons? lived near nos 12-18 part of the street.

Welcome Brumgal22 I knew of Owen St as I lived off Granville St , I never knew anyone there though . Welcome to the forum enjoy your stay
Mark Twain

Rebekah

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2023, 12:34:27 PM »
hi maureen my name is john baker and i lived at number 13 owen st next to the bowmans, i remember pat and delia well and also their mom used to work at the futurist cinema whereby she had a free pass and mrs mallon who lived at the back took me to see loads of films. my mom and dad were both deaf and i have 5 sisters. i would like to know if there are any of my friends are still alive. i am 76 now which pat bowman would probably be as well.       I moved to pelsall walsall in 1967. any information would be gratefully received
 :)

Hi John
Do you know the family that lived at number 16

brumgal22

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2023, 02:50:44 PM »
the wildays livd at no16 and billy edgar family at the backe. one of them was the bookys betshop.

Rebekah

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2023, 11:15:30 PM »
Hi Brumgall22
Johns sister Dawn said the Brooke family lived at number 16??

brumgal22

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »
Brooke family lived at no16 until just after the war. then Wilday. Catsourides,  Baker lived at no13.  Round, Edgar,  at back. Also the Mallon, Wilson, Green. Where did your family live Rebekah?

Rebekah

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2023, 10:25:01 AM »
My family are the Brookes.
My great grand mother is Mary Brooke. She had some children in England then moved to New Zealand.

brumgal22

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2023, 10:39:37 AM »
Hi Rebekah,
if you email me Ill give you all [size=78%]the info. [/size] :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy