Author Topic: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm  (Read 55604 times)

Davidbrown

Re: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
I remember the sails ,bagshaws ,and the Collins ,plus a lot more lea village families. I lived in yockleton rd, where did you live townie.   David brown

townie

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »
Dave I lived in Shard End but new many people in lea Village. Dunk in the Tavern a few times, bit rough but ok. Another mate I can recall, but not his name lived opposite Alcan Booth. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Davidbrown

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
Hi to Carl hulme late of lea village hope you got my previous messages from David brown

bernie190

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »
Dave do you remember the Sails, Bagshaws and Collins's from Lee village. My first wife her relative married Sambo Sail. and I used to work with ohmo Collins on the fair.

I am one of the Sales Sambo aka as Steve Sale  was my cousin I also know the Bagshaws and Collins families from my days at Lea Village School I see Mo Collins down Villa Park now and again and I used to work Wilsons Fair I worked on the twist in the early 70s under Frank Cogger who was one of the travellers working for Willy Wilson OBE

townie

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »
Well Bernie 190 we must have met one time or another Omo and me worked on Bob Wilsons fair together. Me coming from Shard End and him from Lea Village you wouldn't think we would get on, after all the fights Shard End and Lea Village had,but we did. You say Steve Sale was my cousin,is he no longer with us. Hope I have I got the right one, used to live at Amington Tamworth. Yes I knew all the Sails, Bagshaws and Collins's I remember Boogie Bagshaw very well I think he was the youngest of the family. 

bernie190

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
Hello townie I should have said Sambo aka Steve Sale is my cousin I haven't seen him in awhile though The last time I saw him he was doing the doors at the Mackadown Pub my name is Bernie aka Bunny Sale Myself and Colin Vater from the Glebe worked the twist first year it was opened before that I was working the slip with one of the fairground guys called Franky Cogger there were a few Coggers running the machines I cant say i remember Mo working there whilst I was there but they were great days that's for sure

townie

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
Bernie 190  I am going back a long time now. me Omo Collins Boogie Bagshaw and I think his name was  Jumbo Sail we had some great scraps

Davidbrown

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
Hi there does anyone remember the veitch, gardener, Coles, and the dix, families from lea village in the 1950s, 1960s, and1970s.  David brown

townie

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
Hi Dave Gardener rings a bell but it would have been in the 60s I remember the Tunnicliffe family very well. Don't forget that Shard End and Lea village weren't the greatest of neighbours. But saying that I did have some good mates from Lea Village. Do you remember the battles Shard End V Lea Village at the top of Packington Ave. Great days no knives no bottles just good honest fighting.   

Davidbrown

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 08:45:40 PM »
Did anyone know that those beautiful buildings that were once lea village girls, and boys schools, have been demolished, what a disgrace, what are bham council doing. They could have found good use for those buildings, but they just seem to want to knock everything down and replace it with rubbish

townie

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 07:17:03 PM »
We were once playing at Lea Hall station and one of the kids got hit by a train, anyone remember who he was. I have no idea but I know it happened and he didn't die. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy